Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader exploit is possible to realize ?

Tip us?

wolfgart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 [Q] Bootloader exploit is possible to realize ?

Could we have in your opinion a valid bootloader exploit, or an hw exploit to free this damn bootloader ?

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
If you look at g2....several people have looked at this bootloader and said it looks the same so the using of patched kernel and other may help just Need for people to get the us versions and get the info we Need ...the guys that have won the t mobile ones Need to get a adb Dump and then the guys can start thinking about recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
If you look at g2....several people have looked at this bootloader and said it looks the same so the using of patched kernel and other may help just Need for people to get the us versions and get the info we Need ...the guys that have won the t mobile ones Need to get a adb Dump and then the guys can start thinking about recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Keep in mind on the g2 the patched kernels were not what allowed to have custom recovery with kitkat, the patched kernels were just modified stock kk kernels with the needed information to allow us to boot the kk system/modem/etc with the older already exploitable jb bootloader and it each g2 variant had a specific jb bootloader that needed to be used it couldn't be just any jb bootloader; on another note it maybe true that they are similar but it also turns out the g3 gas 2 bootloaders not one like every other device so that has to be looked into to see how they interact with each other

Sent from my Potato powered G2 D800

wolfgart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Someone of us have Korean variant. I have F400K .

We can make some tests if you need...

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Yea I am not a dev and would not want to risk another persons phone, I just happen to be in the g2 scene and know a lot about it

Sent from my Potato powered G2 D800