Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bootloader exploit is possible to realize ?

OP wolfgart

7th June 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 445

611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Could we have in your opinion a valid bootloader exploit, or an hw exploit to free this damn bootloader ?
8th June 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,036

2,634 posts
More
If you look at g2....several people have looked at this bootloader and said it looks the same so the using of patched kernel and other may help just Need for people to get the us versions and get the info we Need ...the guys that have won the t mobile ones Need to get a adb Dump and then the guys can start thinking about recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
8th June 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,512

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

If you look at g2....several people have looked at this bootloader and said it looks the same so the using of patched kernel and other may help just Need for people to get the us versions and get the info we Need ...the guys that have won the t mobile ones Need to get a adb Dump and then the guys can start thinking about recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Keep in mind on the g2 the patched kernels were not what allowed to have custom recovery with kitkat, the patched kernels were just modified stock kk kernels with the needed information to allow us to boot the kk system/modem/etc with the older already exploitable jb bootloader and it each g2 variant had a specific jb bootloader that needed to be used it couldn't be just any jb bootloader; on another note it maybe true that they are similar but it also turns out the g3 gas 2 bootloaders not one like every other device so that has to be looked into to see how they interact with each other

Sent from my Potato powered G2 D800
8th June 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 445

611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Someone of us have Korean variant. I have F400K .

We can make some tests if you need...
8th June 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,512

2,540 posts
More
Yea I am not a dev and would not want to risk another persons phone, I just happen to be in the g2 scene and know a lot about it

Sent from my Potato powered G2 D800
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread