Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Probable Dumb Question - How to tell if 9500, 9505, etc

Tip us?

mountainbiker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Probable Dumb Question - How to tell if 9500, 9505, etc

I have an S4 that I purchased almost as soon as they came out last year. I have rooted it using QBKing77's method, but the wifi tether method I found on XDA of replacing the services.jar and services.odex seems to cause a huge number of issues. Lot's of what were normally stable apps crashing. I would like to install a custom rom with all of these features, but, quite frankly, am unable to determine which version I have. It is not in the "About" page, nor is it on the sticker behind the battery. Any help is appreciated. And in the process, a recommendation for a highly stable ROM with those two features would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I did search, but came up empty handed. If I missed an obvious location, please direct me to it. Again, all help appreciated.

Scott

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1887

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbiker View Post
I have an S4 that I purchased almost as soon as they came out last year. I have rooted it using QBKing77's method, but the wifi tether method I found on XDA of replacing the services.jar and services.odex seems to cause a huge number of issues. Lot's of what were normally stable apps crashing. I would like to install a custom rom with all of these features, but, quite frankly, am unable to determine which version I have. It is not in the "About" page, nor is it on the sticker behind the battery. Any help is appreciated. And in the process, a recommendation for a highly stable ROM with those two features would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I did search, but came up empty handed. If I missed an obvious location, please direct me to it. Again, all help appreciated.

Scott
Since your phone is rooted ,Download phone info in playstore by nguyen

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

mountainbiker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Since your phone is rooted ,Download phone info in playstore by nguyen

Excellent. Thanks for the quick help. I'll give that a try.