Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Drop Test by Android Authority

Tip us?

kamalmawa
Old
Thanks Meter 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne303 View Post
Same as mine...

What did you have to pay for service?
I'm claiming it on insurance which will cost me $125 excess fee. If not I think it's around $250 to replace the screen through a third party. Did you have a case at all when you dropped it?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503
ROM: Stock 17.1.1.A.0.438
Kernel: Stock

Old Devices: Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S3 I9300T, Sony Xperia Z

Xperia Z Australian Firmwares
S3 RIL+Modem Thread
S3 Stock Kernels Thread

janne303
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalmawa View Post
I'm claiming it on insurance which will cost me $125 excess fee. If not I think it's around $250 to replace the screen through a third party. Did you have a case at all when you dropped it?

Ah ok. Yes but just that nillkin case you see on my pic.

kamalmawa
Old
Thanks Meter 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne303 View Post
Ah ok. Yes but just that nillkin case you see on my pic.
I'm starting think this back cover case is the reason why we both broke our screens.

Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503
ROM: Stock 17.1.1.A.0.438
Kernel: Stock

Old Devices: Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S3 I9300T, Sony Xperia Z

Xperia Z Australian Firmwares
S3 RIL+Modem Thread
S3 Stock Kernels Thread

vicedens2002
Old
Thanks Meter 15
My Z2 fell from 1.5 feet.. But the thing is it fell on its sides and balanced & stood on the sides [emoji33]

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
Nokia 2100 -> Nokia 6510 -> Nokia 6600 -> Sony Ericsson w700i -> Sony Ericsson w960i -> HTC Desire HD -> SONY Xperia Z2

Ryland Johnson
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I guess until we, the consumer, are willing to pay for shock proof mobiles consisting of either titanium and Kevlar with sapphire crystal screens plus the other micro engineering internal design needed to withstand a drop, we are going to have to accept that a mobile phone will break if we drop it.
It's no joy when we do break a mobile particularly at these prices but what can we expect? The Z2 is made from glass and alloy. I can only guarantee one thing that being it will not take kindly to being dropped.
I truly don't think we needed a 'drop test' to understand that. Guess what, if you jump into a cess pit you are not going to climb out smelling of roses. I fail completely to see what a drop test achieves. I could have told you the result of that 'test' before he destroyed a perfectly good new mobile phone.

Again when we do break a phone its a real shock to the system and it generally means weeks of messing about trying to have it fixed. I am not making small of those who are suffering after they have had an accident with their mobile. I truly feel for them. What ticks me off is the concept of a drop test? Think about it.

Ryland
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland Johnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]