Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] sprint htc one bad esn urgent reply if possible

Tip us?

BONNIE_62-10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [q] sprint htc one bad esn urgent reply if possible

Hi guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing an HTC one which is on the Sprint Carrier and has a bad ESN.

I was wondering if would be possible to convert this phone into a google play edition and use it on GSM networks outside the USA.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me here.

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie

eXplicit815
Old
Thanks Meter 1204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONNIE_62-10 View Post
Hi guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing an HTC one which is on the Sprint Carrier and has a bad ESN.

I was wondering if would be possible to convert this phone into a google play edition and use it on GSM networks outside the USA.

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie
I think the only thing that a Bad ESN will prevent is use on Sprint. As far as SIM unlocking, and GPe ROMs, I don't know much about the process.

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie
No you need an actual GSM phone to effectively do this.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

BONNIE_62-10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
I think the only thing that a Bad ESN will prevent is use on Sprint. As far as SIM unlocking, and GPe ROMs, I don't know much about the process.
Thank you for the prompt reply. But without being unable to convert it to a GPE and use it on GSM network it will be pointless in me getting it. Can you please ask someone you know?

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Thank you for the prompt reply. But without being unable to convert it to a GPE and use it on GSM network it will be pointless in me getting it. Can you please ask someone you know?
The phone can be used on gsm you just have to SIM unlock. As far as effectiveness of using gsm will depend on the carrier and which frequencies it uses. Converting is impossible because the official GPE is only gsm and has different partitions. You can however use a GPE Rom

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

bombo_b
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
I am actually using a bad ESN sprint M7 and I live in the Caribbean on a gsm network(digicel) No issues so far. I have 4g data speed.
Did I help you? push the thanks button,yeah Just push it
Always Tryna get more out of every device I own.
History: Google G1(Retired)----->HTC Inspire 4G(Sold)---->HTC MyTouch 4G(Sold too)---->HTC Sensation 4G(Donated)---->HTC OneS(sold)---->Sprint HTC One M7

twill1987
Old
(Last edited by twill1987; 8th June 2014 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
My bootloader is unlocked with H-Boot 1.56, I'm S-off, rooted and TWRP recovery. I'm on the 6th rom I've flashed (Tried CM 11 Nightly, CM 10 Snapshot, Stock Deodexed rooted 4.1.2, 4.4.2, MIUI, Viper Rom) and I've been working on this device for about 48 hours non-stop. I am NEED of assistance if ANYONE can offer it,

Is your device also locked to another account on Sprint with the bad ESN? I've got a Sprint HTC one I've performed the Sim Unlock attempting to use my T-Mobile sim, but it will only allow Emergency Calls. No text, no voice and no data. I've gone into the *#*#4636#*#* service menu and changed the settings to WCDMA, but NO dice. Searched for service and nothing appears, just a blank screen! I've even attempted to change RUIM settings in DFSCDMA Tool. I have changed the radio around about 5 different times with NO fix. I have searched high and low on these forums and haven't found anyone that can help me.