Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] sprint htc one bad esn urgent reply if possible

OP BONNIE_62-10

23rd May 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
Hi guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing an HTC one which is on the Sprint Carrier and has a bad ESN.

I was wondering if would be possible to convert this phone into a google play edition and use it on GSM networks outside the USA.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me here.

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie
23rd May 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Apopka, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,205

2,489 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONNIE_62-10

Hi guys,

I am on the verge of purchasing an HTC one which is on the Sprint Carrier and has a bad ESN.

I was wondering if would be possible to convert this phone into a google play edition and use it on GSM networks outside the USA.

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie

I think the only thing that a Bad ESN will prevent is use on Sprint. As far as SIM unlocking, and GPe ROMs, I don't know much about the process.
23rd May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

752 posts
More
Quote:

Hi guys,

Thanks and Regards,

Bonnie

No you need an actual GSM phone to effectively do this.
23rd May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit815

I think the only thing that a Bad ESN will prevent is use on Sprint. As far as SIM unlocking, and GPe ROMs, I don't know much about the process.

Thank you for the prompt reply. But without being unable to convert it to a GPE and use it on GSM network it will be pointless in me getting it. Can you please ask someone you know?
23rd May 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,324 posts
Quote:

Thank you for the prompt reply. But without being unable to convert it to a GPE and use it on GSM network it will be pointless in me getting it. Can you please ask someone you know?

The phone can be used on gsm you just have to SIM unlock. As far as effectiveness of using gsm will depend on the carrier and which frequencies it uses. Converting is impossible because the official GPE is only gsm and has different partitions. You can however use a GPE Rom

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
26th May 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #6  
Flag Port-au-prince
Thanks Meter: 21

90 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am actually using a bad ESN sprint M7 and I live in the Caribbean on a gsm network(digicel) No issues so far. I have 4g data speed.
8th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

71 posts
My bootloader is unlocked with H-Boot 1.56, I'm S-off, rooted and TWRP recovery. I'm on the 6th rom I've flashed (Tried CM 11 Nightly, CM 10 Snapshot, Stock Deodexed rooted 4.1.2, 4.4.2, MIUI, Viper Rom) and I've been working on this device for about 48 hours non-stop. I am NEED of assistance if ANYONE can offer it,

Is your device also locked to another account on Sprint with the bad ESN? I've got a Sprint HTC one I've performed the Sim Unlock attempting to use my T-Mobile sim, but it will only allow Emergency Calls. No text, no voice and no data. I've gone into the *#*#4636#*#* service menu and changed the settings to WCDMA, but NO dice. Searched for service and nothing appears, just a blank screen! I've even attempted to change RUIM settings in DFSCDMA Tool. I have changed the radio around about 5 different times with NO fix. I have searched high and low on these forums and haven't found anyone that can help me.
Last edited by twill1987; 8th June 2014 at 07:59 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread