Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] using front glass replacement as screen protector?

OP MuF123

8th June 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

685 posts
Hello,
I was thinking about using replacement such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Ga...item233b38b2ae

instead of tempered glass screen protector. Would that work? Would that adhere to screen?

Thanks for ideas
Last edited by MuF123; 8th June 2014 at 03:16 PM.
8th June 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

325 posts
More
i think it would make the screen twice as thick and it wouldn't adhere to the screen, you'd be better off getting either a tempered glass or matte screen protector
8th June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

685 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

i think it would make the screen twice as thick and it wouldn't adhere to the screen, you'd be better off getting either a tempered glass or matte screen protector

with tempered glass it is still twice as thick... only issue is about the cutouts and adhesion...
8th June 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

325 posts
More
id still go with the screen protector not just a new front screen
The Following User Says Thank You to no_username_available For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 200

452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah just go with the tempered glass protector. There is no purpose to buying another screen and adding it on top of another one. Your screen sensitivity might drop as well if you were to do that.

I bought an iloome screenmate tempered glass protector back in January I believe and it's still holding up awesomely. Still fully adhered. No scratches. Fits perfectly.

http://www.iloome.com/Galaxy-S4-Scre.../dp/B00BX0SBG6
8th June 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

685 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117

Yeah just go with the tempered glass protector. There is no purpose to buying another screen and adding it on top of another one. Your screen sensitivity might drop as well if you were to do that.

I bought an iloome screenmate tempered glass protector back in January I believe and it's still holding up awesomely. Still fully adhered. No scratches. Fits perfectly.

http://www.iloome.com/Galaxy-S4-Scre.../dp/B00BX0SBG6

screen sensitivity will drop with another glass the same as with tempered glass that's the point. I need to switch my tempered glasss, it is already microscratched.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread