FORUMS

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

[Q] using front glass replacement as screen protector?

707 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By MuF123, Senior Member on 8th June 2014, 01:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,
I was thinking about using replacement such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Ga...item233b38b2ae

instead of tempered glass screen protector. Would that work? Would that adhere to screen?

Thanks for ideas
Last edited by MuF123; 8th June 2014 at 02:16 PM.

8th June 2014, 03:12 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42

More
i think it would make the screen twice as thick and it wouldn't adhere to the screen, you'd be better off getting either a tempered glass or matte screen protector
8th June 2014, 03:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

i think it would make the screen twice as thick and it wouldn't adhere to the screen, you'd be better off getting either a tempered glass or matte screen protector

with tempered glass it is still twice as thick... only issue is about the cutouts and adhesion...
8th June 2014, 03:17 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42

More
id still go with the screen protector not just a new front screen
The Following User Says Thank You to no_username_available For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:23 PM |#5  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More
Yeah just go with the tempered glass protector. There is no purpose to buying another screen and adding it on top of another one. Your screen sensitivity might drop as well if you were to do that.

I bought an iloome screenmate tempered glass protector back in January I believe and it's still holding up awesomely. Still fully adhered. No scratches. Fits perfectly.

http://www.iloome.com/Galaxy-S4-Scre.../dp/B00BX0SBG6
8th June 2014, 07:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117

Yeah just go with the tempered glass protector. There is no purpose to buying another screen and adding it on top of another one. Your screen sensitivity might drop as well if you were to do that.

I bought an iloome screenmate tempered glass protector back in January I believe and it's still holding up awesomely. Still fully adhered. No scratches. Fits perfectly.

http://www.iloome.com/Galaxy-S4-Scre.../dp/B00BX0SBG6

screen sensitivity will drop with another glass the same as with tempered glass that's the point. I need to switch my tempered glasss, it is already microscratched.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread