Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Drivers for Razr

Tip us?

theemaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Best Drivers for Razr

The windows drivers I use.. (I think I got e'm from Motorola's site) constantly prompt me for permissions to access the phone when I plug it in to windows...

They bring up some stupid IE URL for Verizon "backup assistant plus" and video..

So what drivers can you use with the XT907 etc. that justs allows you to transfer files etc. with no headache? (ohh yah and these drivers bring up stupid extra prompts for file transfers)

So were clear to what I have... it shows Motorola Mobility LLC v6.3.0 in "programs" the Device Manager shows 2.4.5

theemaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bump.

theemaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
super bump!

FirePsych
Old
Thanks Meter 100
You should be able to see your phone in My Computer. Just treat it like a usb or external drive.
The drivers work in the background. They're not an actual application.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

xKroniK13x
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
The windows drivers I use.. (I think I got e'm from Motorola's site) constantly prompt me for permissions to access the phone when I plug it in to windows...

They bring up some stupid IE URL for Verizon "backup assistant plus" and video..

So what drivers can you use with the XT907 etc. that justs allows you to transfer files etc. with no headache? (ohh yah and these drivers bring up stupid extra prompts for file transfers)

So were clear to what I have... it shows Motorola Mobility LLC v6.3.0 in "programs" the Device Manager shows 2.4.5
It's because you have the software set to automatically attempt a backup of your data when connected to a computer. All you need to do is find the program in your task bar and disable the auto backup setting.
The Following User Says Thank You to xKroniK13x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theemaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x View Post
It's because you have the software set to automatically attempt a backup of your data when connected to a computer. All you need to do is find the program in your task bar and disable the auto backup setting.
Yep, that helped a lot hard to believe it was that easy or stupid.. but I still don't like the prompts the Motorola still brings up.. but yah the good news is I don't have a webpage opening every time I plug in my phone

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I'm able to uninstall the annoying Moto program but keep the drivers with Win 8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prog-remove.png
Views:	34
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2777159   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-manager.png
Views:	31
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2777160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prog-gone.png
Views:	30
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2777161  
The Following User Says Thank You to coolloser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theemaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolloser View Post
I'm able to uninstall the annoying Moto program but keep the drivers with Win 8.
Yep that fixed it thanks!