Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

QHD Display and Gaming Questions

OP Shocky2

8th June 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 171

970 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

They don't even have a custom recovery yet....baby steps ....dev will pick up when the us versions release

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Someone is offering me $500 for my s5 right now as of this moment, he Gave me a week.... Would you do it?

Thanks in advance, any feed back is appreciated... Only reason I held back is because I don't know how strong development will on g3, so I told him to give me a week.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #12  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 56

302 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune

Someone is offering me $500 for my s5 right now as of this moment, he Gave me a week.... Would you do it?

Thanks in advance, any feed back is appreciated... Only reason I held back is because I don't know how strong development will on g3, so I told him to give me a week.

I'd sell the lag machine and get the G3.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 171

970 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Guido85

I'd sell the lag machine and get the G3.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just scared they soft have root for the USA T-Mobile version... 😣

8th June 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune

Just scared they soft have root for the USA T-Mobile version... 😣

as long as t-mo doesn't pull the stunt they did with g2 then you would be able to root g3 on t-mo
So on the g2 t-mo released there variant on 10c we had easy root access and it was easily exploitable for loki usage; fast forward about 8 months to the killer kitkat update for the g2 it took the devs exactly 6 days to figure out a workaround to use loki but 13 days total because we needed the source from lg(they slowed us down), fast forward to late April early May the ls980 finally got kitkat and autoprime(awesome dev) figured out a way to root using the stock recovery and shared it with the community and suddeny there were a lot of reports that the d801 t-mo variant was not being rooted, that there devices were being wiped and it turns out that for some reason t-mo removed access to the stock recovery, it was still there but it was only there for the factory reset option and so root was not and still is not possible on the t-mo g2 all the t-mo users need to downgrade to 4.2 root and either update to kk and hope root survives for those without supersu pro that had survival mode or downgrade to 4.2 root/custom recovery and then install a flashable 4.4 rom for there variants
so if you read my mini rant I suggest you wait until after the g3 is released on t-mo and we have more available information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread