Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PPPOE for I9500

Tip us?

mohsendh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] PPPOE for I9500

I bought I9500 newly, I need to use PPPOE for android or any othe software to connect to the internet in the office. unfortunately stock rom and kernel does not work with this software becuase the kernel ppp is disabled. the error is could't set tty to PPP discipline: invalid argument. according to the help of this software, my kernel does not support PPP. so, I have changed my kernel with some famous kernel, but all of them were failed to enable PPP. please help me what to do....
which kernel of i9500 android 4.4.2 has PPP enabled. or how to enable ppp in my kernel.
I used to nexus family and all of them work with these softwares easily.
sincerely yours
Mohsen

andreluizbarbieri
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsendh View Post
I bought I9500 newly, I need to use PPPOE for android or any othe software to connect to the internet in the office. unfortunately stock rom and kernel does not work with this software becuase the kernel ppp is disabled. the error is could't set tty to PPP discipline: invalid argument. according to the help of this software, my kernel does not support PPP. so, I have changed my kernel with some famous kernel, but all of them were failed to enable PPP. please help me what to do....
which kernel of i9500 android 4.4.2 has PPP enabled. or how to enable ppp in my kernel.
I used to nexus family and all of them work with these softwares easily.
sincerely yours
Mohsen
You can use a router or laptop (http://www.connectify.me/) for dispatch wifi protocol then the smartphone will connect through it.

mohsendh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 PPPOE

I know this way, but using labtab in the office is prohibited and we mus use mobile only, and I have to use PPPOE software's. there are 3 software in the net, I bought PPPOE for android in google play, it just worked perperly in Nexus4 and nexus 5, but it did'nt work in S4 i9500. the error is not setting tty to PPP. just because of KERNEL. please tell me any kernel that PPP is enabled in it.....