Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Katkis 4.4.2 023c - Watch ESPN crashing

OP dhruwa

31st May 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Been running this ROM for the last 3 weeks, works great. Couple of issues with GPS not working and occasional reboots but main issue is Watch ESPN app crashes after watching the video stream only for a couple of seconds. It is consistently crashing the same way everytime. I managed to grab a log cat, seems like a graphics driver issue. I suspect the following lines in the attached log file,

05-29 08:36:43.859 E/OMXNodeInstance(107): OMX_SetParameter() failed for StoreMetaDataInBuffers: 0x80001006
05-29 08:36:43.859 E/ACodec (3858): [OMX.Nvidia.h264.decode] storeMetaDataInBuffers failed w/ err -2147483648

leading to the following 40 lines later,

05-29 08:36:53.739 F/libc (3858): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=1), thread 4041 (MediaCodec_loop)
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): Build fingerprint: 'asus/US_epad/TF101:4.0.3/IML74K/US_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615:user/release-keys'
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): Revision: '0'
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): pid: 3858, tid: 4041, name: MediaCodec_loop >>> air.WatchESPN <<<
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 00000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r0 fffffffc r1 00000000 r2 64c35040 r3 00000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r4 64c04970 r5 64c04a60 r6 00000000 r7 64c04a64
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r8 64c34c9d r9 5c63571c sl 624ede6c fp 00000001
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): ip 00000004 sp 64d37b58 lr 64c34c85 pc 00000000 cpsr 00000010
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d0 0000000000000000 d1 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d2 33d6bf9500000000 d3 000000003f800000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d4 33d6bf953f800000 d5 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d6 000000003f800000 d7 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d8 0000000000000000 d9 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d10 0000000000000000 d11 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): d12 0000000000000000 d13 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): d14 0000000000000000 d15 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): scr 20000013

Any suggestions on what to do are much appreciated (perhaps a newer DEV version like 029 or something).

Thanks much.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-05-29-08-53-26.txt - [Click for QR Code] (76.3 KB, 2 views)
31st May 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 571
 
2,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Try KK #24 non-Linaro build - that seems to sort out app / game crashes
http://downloads.timduru.org/android...-NonLinaro.zip
31st May 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Try KK #24 non-Linaro build - that seems to sort out app / game crashes
h t t p : / / downloads.timduru.org/android/tf101/K.A.T/KatKiss/4.4/dev/KatKiss-4.4.2_024-NonLinaro.zip

No luck, I tried this ROM you suggested, Watch ESPN still crashes after a few seconds of watching any LIVE event.
1st June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #4  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 571
 
2,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Sorry no idea then, I can't test it being in the UK, it needs a US provider login
1st June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #5  
timduru's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10,330
 
1,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruwa


05-29 08:36:53.739 F/libc (3858): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=1), thread 4041 (MediaCodec_loop)
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): Build fingerprint: 'asus/US_epad/TF101:4.0.3/IML74K/US_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615:user/release-keys'
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): Revision: '0'
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): pid: 3858, tid: 4041, name: MediaCodec_loop >>> air.WatchESPN <<<
05-29 08:36:53.839 I/DEBUG (103): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 00000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r0 fffffffc r1 00000000 r2 64c35040 r3 00000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r4 64c04970 r5 64c04a60 r6 00000000 r7 64c04a64
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): r8 64c34c9d r9 5c63571c sl 624ede6c fp 00000001
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): ip 00000004 sp 64d37b58 lr 64c34c85 pc 00000000 cpsr 00000010
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d0 0000000000000000 d1 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d2 33d6bf9500000000 d3 000000003f800000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d4 33d6bf953f800000 d5 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d6 000000003f800000 d7 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d8 0000000000000000 d9 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.049 I/DEBUG (103): d10 0000000000000000 d11 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): d12 0000000000000000 d13 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): d14 0000000000000000 d15 0000000000000000
05-29 08:36:54.059 I/DEBUG (103): scr 20000013

Any suggestions on what to do are much appreciated (perhaps a newer DEV version like 029 or something).

Thanks much.


Looks like the same issue than NetFlix,
it should not crash anymore with the next KatKiss version 026

Test and report back when I post the new version
2nd June 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Sorry no idea then, I can't test it being in the UK, it needs a US provider login

No problem. Appreciate looking at it. Thanks.
2nd June 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by timduru

Looks like the same issue than NetFlix,
it should not crash anymore with the next KatKiss version 026

Test and report back when I post the new version

Super!! Will wait for 026 stable. Will it also bring a functional ART runtime

Keep up the good work timduru !!.
8th June 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by timduru

Looks like the same issue than NetFlix,
it should not crash anymore with the next KatKiss version 026

Test and report back when I post the new version

I'm happy to report that Watch ESPN works now with no crashing after I flashed the latest KatKiss 028 stable ROM. Thanks a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to dhruwa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes