Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data issues

Tip us?

dragonsamus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Looks like my data issues are over. I updated my phone to KitKat using Jovy's guide and haven't experienced a data drop out. I would recommend everyone who has data issues to upgrade immediately. Thanks for all the replies.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
work hard, play harder

dragonsamus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Ok, I spoke too soon. I'm still experiencing data drop out. This time though, after a while the data will connect by itself without me having to toggle airplane mode on and off. And by a while its like a minute or too. I didn't time it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
work hard, play harder

srod562
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I've been having the same problem as you and others for quite sometime now with data drops and it showing 4g lte but nothing loading. Im on 4.3 MI7 though, did a lil research and someone said to add a new apn and change it to IPv4 instead of IPv6 and it should help. Made the change and I havent had a single data drop yet in 2 days and I usally already have like 5 and having to toggle data and airplane mode to get it back. Might be too early to know for sure but it wouldnt wouldn't hurt to try and see. You need to turn off your data, go to more networks, mobile networks, access point names and create a new apn then save it and select it. Add only whats checked marked in red. Hope this helps...

Sent from my Galaxy Note3 using SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402255185517.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2787735   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402255196026.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	2787736  
The Following User Says Thank You to srod562 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]