Best phone I've had!

OP doverjosh8

13th May 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 87

341 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Does any phone do this currently?

Yes, the first version of the s4 because it doesn't use triband. Also, other service providers phones have the ability because they utilize different network radios in their phones.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #22  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 102

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Does any phone do this currently?

My S3 could multitask while on a call and navigate the internet or any other application, but I was rooted, wonder if that made a difference.
13th May 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #23  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,864

4,569 posts
Donate to Me
More
S3 could do voice calls plus LTE OR 3G
S4 could do voice calls plus LT
S5 can't do either :/
13th May 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #24  
Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 251

1,889 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

S3 could do voice calls plus LTE OR 3G
S4 could do voice calls plus LT
S5 can't do either :/

You can thank qualcomm for that its their chip that is responsible.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I think this phone is awesome. The camera for me focuses extremely fast and takes some amazing pics. The screen is very nice I love amoled. Battery life is great the phone boots up really fast. The bezel is great it doesnt feel like its just gonna slip out of your fingers like the s3 did. I do wish qualcomm woulda included svdo though I think that just makes sense. The usb 3.0 port is awesome. I cant say anything negative about this device.
14th May 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #25  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,864

4,569 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadboy2007

You can thank qualcomm for that its their chip that is responsible.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I think this phone is awesome. The camera for me focuses extremely fast and takes some amazing pics. The screen is very nice I love amoled. Battery life is great the phone boots up really fast. The bezel is great it doesnt feel like its just gonna slip out of your fingers like the s3 did. I do wish qualcomm woulda included svdo though I think that just makes sense. The usb 3.0 port is awesome. I cant say anything negative about this device.

Lol nope. You can thank Sprint actually. And their stupid "Spark Network".
14th May 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #26  
Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 251

1,889 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Lol nope. You can thank Sprint actually. And their stupid "Spark Network".

Verizons only does svlte no svdo and niether do volte which once that is implemented that will be the equivalent to svdo
17th May 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 17

50 posts
I'm also loving this phone. I just exchange HTC One M8 and got this one instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajr0312 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #28  
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,774

4,013 posts
More
I finally sold my m8 after 2 months of disappointment. Found a sealed s5 on swappa for $485 and should have it in a few days. Went back to the trusty s3 for now.
8th June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #29  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 132

719 posts
More
It;s the first time I have been fully satisfied with a phone, the UI and the speed of it. I have no complaints about the actual phone. No desire to root and install custom roms. I've had Galaxy S1, S2 and S3, modded all of them etc....and custom roms always ended up glitchy and unstable compared to stock roms. They might have been a bit quicker, but not stable, ever. This S5 is just perfect. Love it and everyone that I let use it loves it.
8th June 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #30  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 448

422 posts
More
I'm so torn. I usually immediately put Nova Launcher on the phone to replace my previous S2,3,4 device TouchWiz Launchers. But this generation of TouchWiz just works so well and looks really good. The widgets are excellent and made compatible with other launchers (for the first time ever), the touch animations are nice and smooth, the transistions take the amount of time I expect, and the applications open quickly. I even love that they put the TouchWiz hotword in there so if you are on the main home screen with the Google Search widget it will launch Google Now for you. It is outstanding. The only improvement, and perhaps this is user error, but I don't know how to get the phone to wake to my voice anywhere but in Driving Mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaliV2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread