[Q] Super CID? Someone to elaborate for me please?

OP droiduser1988

8th June 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
More
Apologizes if this has not been answered elsewhere, but I've done the proper searching and I just need clarification on what installing Super CID will allow. For example, I'm on Verizon in the US and would like to try the ElementalX-m8 Kernel while running VenomOne. When looking at the thread it explicitly says that it is not for the Verizon or Sprint variant; but will having Super CID, will this allow for me to install this kernel? I attached a photo showing the thread saying it's NOT for Verizon or Sprint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-06-08 17.05.48.png
Views:	59
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2787860  
8th June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 208

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droiduser1988

Apologizes if this has not been answered elsewhere, but I've done the proper searching and I just need clarification on what installing Super CID will allow. For example, I'm on Verizon in the US and would like to try the ElementalX-m8 Kernel while running VenomOne. When looking at the thread it explicitly says that it is not for the Verizon or Sprint variant; but will having Super CID, will this allow for me to install this kernel? I attached a photo showing the thread saying it's NOT for Verizon or Sprint.

No, verizon/sprint work different as they have different partitions. Super cid allows you to run ruu conversions from other variants of m8 like developer, att, gpe etc.. Never flash something that is not specifically for verizon. They have a couple kernels in the verizon forums.
8th June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
More
Thank you. So what would be a reason for a Verizon or Sprint (I'm assuming any CDMA carrier) user to install Super CID?
8th June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 208

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droiduser1988

Thank you. So what would be a reason for a Verizon or Sprint (I'm assuming any CDMA carrier) user to install Super CID?

Sprint has an harmon kardon ruu, so if you wanted a true conversion, you would need s-off and supercid or HK cid "this is for sprint only btw, do not flash this on your verizon." There is a verizon homemade RUU for unbricking which requires soff and possibly supercid. Other than that, not much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread