Post Reply

[Q] Warranty in the States??

8th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #1  
xAjCx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag HB/LBC
Thanks Meter: 35
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know how to go about using the warranty if needed from the States? Ordered my Z2 and I was in the Sony Store the other day and they told me that they can't do anything about it cause the phone isn't released here yet. I just wanted to know in case my device is either DoA or has one of the issues everyone keeps talking about. Hope everything is all good though.
8th June 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 65
 
372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAjCx

Does anyone know how to go about using the warranty if needed from the States? Ordered my Z2 and I was in the Sony Store the other day and they told me that they can't do anything about it cause the phone isn't released here yet. I just wanted to know in case my device is either DoA or has one of the issues everyone keeps talking about. Hope everything is all good though.

You could go with 3rd party warranty.

Sony US would most likely not warrant it anyways because the phone not from Sony US. It will need to be sent back to the country from where the phone was purchased from. For example, if the phone was from Sony Canada (since they sell the phone now), it will have to be sent back to them for warranty.
8th June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #3  
xAjCx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag HB/LBC
Thanks Meter: 35
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango2

You could go with 3rd party warranty.

Sony US would most likely not warrant it anyways because the phone not from Sony US. It will need to be sent back to the country from where the phone was purchased from. For example, if the phone was from Sony Canada (since they sell the phone now), it will have to be sent back to them for warranty.

sounds like a hassle to me.. I ordered from swappa so tbh idk where its coming from
8th June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 65
 
372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAjCx

sounds like a hassle to me.. I ordered from swappa so tbh idk where its coming from

In a way it is, that is one of the things to keep in mind if you get a product which is sold in another country, unless the manufacturer said they will warranty it in other countries.

That is the reason why I mentioned, you could get a 3rd party warranty, so this way you can get some coverage.

I think you can find out where the product came from by looking at the product box and the menu contents inside once you receive it. For mine, when I got my Z2, I thought mind was going to be the UK. After looking at the box on one of the sides, it said "EN, ZH" and Chinese writing translation for the Black color; and the quick user guide and support information had Hong Kong contact information which let me know that this unit is from Sony HK.
Last edited by Sango2; 8th June 2014 at 09:59 PM.
8th June 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 11
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Well I called today to get some help with my Z2, which I posted about, they told me they can't help because the service department doesn't have the parts yet (due to it not being available in the US yet). They said they don't know when they would get any, but it being from another country wasn't the reason they couldn't help. They suggested calling the UK or Taiwan, which will be a hassle.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank