FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

[Q] Some serious ****

Thanks Meter: 37
 
By OptimusCrack, Senior Member on 29th May 2014, 04:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I jumped into a pool with my Nexus 4 in my pocket and it's sufficiently ****ed, as there was a hole in the back and yeah, so it's ****ed.

Back to good ol' SGH-T989D issues.

Now............................................... .....................
hi again,
NOW............................................... .................................................. .........

I had to get the nexus cause I ****ed this one up, I flashed a rom (the boot image is an upside down 5 pointed star with a loading bar), I don't know what rom it was, but the loading bar loads fully and then the phone just sits there and does nothing as per any boot loop. Maybe I'll just leave it for an hour and it'll boot up? Haha, right, moving forward.

I don't have the OG samsung cable but it doesn't seem that my PC recognizes the phone, now that might be because the phone doesn't boot or it might be because I don't have the OG cable. Does your Windows 8 PC recognize this phone before it boots up? The Phone, however, does recognize the USB, as it turns on just by being plugged in.

YES I can get into download mode, YES I have Odin (1.85 AND 3.07), and YES I have the latest drivers (v 1.5.x.x.x). Both Odin's don't react at all though. I plug it in, put it into download mode, and then open up Odin and click PDA, but nothing shows up in ID:COM

am I doing something wrong? am I SOL? Is anyone here anymore?
 
 
29th May 2014, 05:00 AM |#2  
OptimusCrack's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusCrack

So I jumped into a pool with my Nexus 4 in my pocket and it's sufficiently ****ed, as there was a hole in the back and yeah, so it's ****ed.

Back to good ol' SGH-T989D issues.

Now............................................... .....................
hi again,
NOW............................................... .................................................. .........

I had to get the nexus cause I ****ed this one up, I flashed a rom (the boot image is an upside down 5 pointed star with a loading bar), I don't know what rom it was, but the loading bar loads fully and then the phone just sits there and does nothing as per any boot loop. Maybe I'll just leave it for an hour and it'll boot up? Haha, right, moving forward.

I don't have the OG samsung cable but it doesn't seem that my PC recognizes the phone, now that might be because the phone doesn't boot or it might be because I don't have the OG cable. Does your Windows 8 PC recognize this phone before it boots up? The Phone, however, does recognize the USB, as it turns on just by being plugged in.

YES I can get into download mode, YES I have Odin (1.85 AND 3.07), and YES I have the latest drivers (v 1.5.x.x.x). Both Odin's don't react at all though. I plug it in, put it into download mode, and then open up Odin and click PDA, but nothing shows up in ID:COM

am I doing something wrong? am I SOL? Is anyone here anymore?


Also, how do I even get in recovery mode? I know what a sad question, but I forget!!! I have the Canadian Koodo version, when I hold both of the volume keys it just buzzes and nothing happens, even when I take the battery out the screen doesnt flicker. Also, it looks like the loading bar isn't entirely full, but it's pretty darn close
30th May 2014, 05:06 AM |#3  
Lokke9191's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
I believe to get into recovery, you hold the volume down and power and when it vibrates release the power but keep holding the volume down.
7th June 2014, 09:05 PM |#4  
OptimusCrack's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokke9191

I believe to get into recovery, you hold the volume down and power and when it vibrates release the power but keep holding the volume down.


Yeup, all good on that front then.

I guess that ROM removed root privileges and gets stuck at boot loop, but all the problems above listed are consistent.

HELP PLEASE
7th June 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
Lokke9191's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
After you check the box next to pda. Are you clicking on pda an pointing it to where you have the stock image stored on your computer?
8th June 2014, 11:02 PM |#6  
OptimusCrack's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokke9191

After you check the box next to pda. Are you clicking on pda an pointing it to where you have the stock image stored on your computer?

Yes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes