[DISCUSSION] Are unexploitable bootloaders putting an end to US development?

OP numbR7

21st May 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #51  
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 181

1,119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeey

I just wanted to share this here... Post #7

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...on-att-s5.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

that looks like a scam to get you email address and spam you
22nd May 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #52  
OP Senior Member
via lactea
Thanks Meter: 73

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnielsen

That is not true. I left iPhone specifically to root this phone. For freedom. Only time will tell at this point. S5 is a great phone none the less. Does everything I need. I just wanna get rid of bloatware

"For freedom." Bingo!
22nd May 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 25

159 posts
AT&T Petition
This is a petition that was originally posted by davidstre. he made it for the verizon s5 and i copied it for AT&T. All credit due to davidstre for the hard work on the wording of this petition. Please sign and maybe it will get the word out that there is a community of people who are willing to give up the warranty to get an unlocked bootloader.

http://www.change.org/petitions/rand...r-upon-request

The petition thred is located http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758713
26th May 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #54  
midwest
Thanks Meter: 323

2,377 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr

As it was said by a mod in another thread, giving hopes to users that the AT&T/Verizon's S5 will get root anytime soon is just unfair for the users. It will not happen. The AT&T Note 3 got root when in 4.3, but there is no root in the horizon for KitKat don't even think about an unlocked bootloader. The same happened to the S4 after it was updated the bootloader and root is now lost and that has been for many, many months and on a phone that it had a very large development. Developers are not even bothering on wasting their time on AT&T/Verizon because there is the TMO and International versions available.

So to answer the original question my answer would be Yes.

Wrong. The at&t note 3 can be rooted thanks to hashcode and safestrap. Wether the s5 gets it is in limbo.
26th May 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #55  
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 181

1,119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

Wrong. The at&t note 3 can be rooted thanks to hashcode and safestrap. Wether the s5 gets it is in limbo.

Did you even read my Post? The note 3 can only be rooted in 4.3, if you get a note 3 with KK from factory you can not root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #56  
Flag Boston Mass
Thanks Meter: 207

508 posts
More
I jumped ship from the iPhone back when the Motorola Atrix came out, and that's when i learned all about rooting and flashing and was instantly hooked BC i love hacking s h i t. Since then ive had the skyrocket, S3 and S4,and i could root those the day i got them. So the fact that the S5 is locked down REALLY pissed me off. I've never pre ordered a phone until...you guessed it.. the S5. I waited a month in hopes of an exploit but i couldn't handle it anymore- i feel if i paid for the phone i should be able to do whatever the hell i want with it, void warranty or not. Like others i ended up selling my AT&T model and buying a T-mobile variant an unlocking it.

I check back in the AT&T threads daily in hopes of seeing a root method for you guys, i believe it will happen some day, and someone is going to make ALLOT of money off it. STAY STONG
30th May 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 89

528 posts
Got tired got an HTC one m8. Still have the s5 but compared to m8 its a lack fest and not as smooth. But m8 camera sucks big time. Looks great on phone but sucks on PC. I mean really bad and phone is heavier and slippery as beck. Like the feel of s5 love the smoothnes of m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th June 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #58  
Flag Barberton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 35

315 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just a thought so plz don't criticize me for it. What if one called Samsung or emailed them directly to ask for a way to unlock bootloader for development purposes? Just a thought. Don't know if Samsung would give any answers or consider it anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th June 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 46

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS4AndroidHacker

Just a thought so plz don't criticize me for it. What if one called Samsung or emailed them directly to ask for a way to unlock bootloader for development purposes? Just a thought. Don't know if Samsung would give any answers or consider it anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung only locks bootloaders at the request of the carrier.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customization, open source code, unlockable bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread