GSM ONLY mode not registered.

19th March 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
SM - N9005(europian) UK model work only 3G not on 2G-- Issue fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by medo_sd

I'm on 4.4.2 and rooted and the fix worked fine for me and a bunch of other members here too
check again
sorry for the late reply

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

medo_sd:

Thanks for your reply. the steps you mentioned have worked like a charm. My mobile works on 2G and 3G just fine.

I went to one of the local service shops here in Bangalore(India), and have forced him to just try the steps as is using SPT.

There was lot of hesitation by the service guy(just like the Samsung service guys), but I had asked him to just do it and at the end it just worked.

Thanks a bunch. I am so happy
24th March 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaski_84

medo_sd:

Thanks for your reply. the steps you mentioned have worked like a charm. My mobile works on 2G and 3G just fine.

I went to one of the local service shops here in Bangalore(India), and have forced him to just try the steps as is using SPT.

There was lot of hesitation by the service guy(just like the Samsung service guys), but I had asked him to just do it and at the end it just worked.

Thanks a bunch. I am so happy

happy to hear that

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to medo_sd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #13  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by medo_sd

I fixed My SM-N9005 using SPT box and i have 2G/GSM working again
it has been unlocked using super imei with the SPT Box to work outside Europe
unfortunately there was a bug in the 2G/GSM network

they fixed it now ..
so all you have to do is find any mobile repair shop near you that has the SPT Box
connect your N9005 to the Box using USB in ( dm+modem+adb ) mode by dialing *#0808# in Samsung's Dialer ..
Choose N900w8 from the list then click Repair 3G Network ( this will Fix the 2G network )
then choose N9005 again and press repair 3G network again ( this will reFix the 3G network with 2G working too )

this will not restore the original IMEI - S/N but the phone will be fully functioning

I'm having this issue as well as the imei issues; and as such, I'm getting the not registered error quite a bit. I prefer using 2g while on the go for bbm, whatsapp, Facebook, etc and 3g only when I'm browsing (to save on battery). Does this method solve the not registered problem as well, or is it just to rectify the 2g/3g issue?
8th June 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #14  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrixist

I'm having this issue as well as the imei issues; and as such, I'm getting the not registered error quite a bit. I prefer using 2g while on the go for bbm, whatsapp, Facebook, etc and 3g only when I'm browsing (to save on battery). Does this method solve the not registered problem as well, or is it just to rectify the 2g/3g issue?

Additionally, I hear mention from a couple of persons that they ended up taking their phones to repair shops and had them do it. Is it that special hardware has to be used along with the spt software; or can I just connect up to my laptop with the software and do it myself?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread