[ROM/A1/Recovery][Wifi+3G+TMobile][4.4.4/2.8][Sep 20]Omni Based Rom and TWRP
Summarized Standard Disclaimer: use at your own risk. I use it at mine.
*Full wipe recommended if coming from another kitkat rom*
MAKE SURE TO HAVE A BROWSER APK. THERE IS NO MORE STOCK BROWSER.
For firefox see below.
My personal build "Diamond Rom 4.4" is based on omnirom with the following additions:
- CM Calculator (the newly redone one they're proud of)
- CM File Manager
- CM Wallpapers
- Bash shell
- Nano text editor
- Koush's full featured open source superuser (and it's INTEGRATED into settings )
- Carbon rom blue balls wallpaper
- Cyanogenmod port of 2 column settings adapted to Omni rom.
I've added a few of my personal touches which include
- Batter circle color changing: green 100%-51% yellow 50%-16% red 15%-0% This was my favorite I9000M framework-res mod that I've missed since switching to CM7.2 way back.
- Killed lock screen music full screen (personal privacy thing when riding public transportation)
- Disable android external storage management: messes with ext4 formatted hard drives or multi partitioned hard drives. Use the unix style mount command
- Disable hardware keyboard on boot: disabled but not removed. You'll have to manually turn it on
- Removed camera sounds
- Disable SELinux at the kernel level. It's even disabled on my laptop/desktop at the kernel because it seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.
- Put the dalvik cache in the cache partition. Don't waste the data partition for it.
- And of course, comes bundled with my A1 kernel
Every thing I've tested: camera, youtube hd, sound, gps, usb otg(use manual mount command) etc work.
First time flashing omni:
-Flash TWRP (you can flash twrp over cwm from cwm if you're in that situation)
-Make recovery backup (optional)
-Run Titanium Backup (highly recommended)
-Format system partition
Running out of place on mediafire so these have been removed.
June 20 Wifi
June 20 3G
June 20 TMobile
June 28 Wifi
June 28 3G
June 28 TMobile
July 8 Wifi
July 8 3G
July 8 TMobile
July 17 Wifi
July 17 3G
July 17 TMobile
July 26 Wifi
July 26 3G
July 26 TMobile
August 3 Wifi
August 3 3G
August 3 TMobile
August 10 Wifi
August 10 3G
August 10 TMobile
August 21 Wifi
August 21 3G
August 21 TMobile
August 29 Wifi
August 29 3G
August 29 TMobile
September 7 Wifi
September 7 3G
September 7 TMobile
September 20 Wifi
September 20 3G
September 20 TMobile
*Authorization to download is just a captcha. Simply enter the text in the picture or name the item being advertised in the picture.*
Mediafire sure beats sh***y sites like uploaded.net or rapidgator
(as its own download)
V1.9.2: Security fix made aware by cyanogenmod
, specifically this
. The commit message on my github has a copy and paste mistake. It should list both of those security flaws as patched instead of the same one twice. Oops Security fix comes with ALL roms June 28 and onwards.
18.104.22.168 Wifi July 8
22.214.171.124 3G July 8
126.96.36.199 Wifi August 11
188.8.131.52 3G August 11
184.108.40.206 TMobile August 11
Newer versions of firefox explicitly disable flash on tegra2. Use my firefox mod
which is just normal firefox with a hacked tegra2 blacklisting mechanism. Don't use the old firefox apk. It has unpatched security holes
Changelog: omnirom gerrit
Has my device trees as well as all the omni repos I forked with my additions.
Kasper_h: helping to make 4.4 possible
pershoot: original device tree from CM10.1
team: providing great starter rom and keeping it TF101 compatible
gapps package. I just removed the 4.4.2 check
team: rom extras like calculator, superuser, to fill in Omni's missing holes and 2 panel settings template.
Sony Tablet Z:
(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 220.127.116.11
Galaxy S3 I9300:
Omni4.4.4; Omni Kernel with Note2 CPU/GPU voltages & clock settings; TWRP 18.104.22.168
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4
; MY A1 Kernel
V1.9; TWRP 22.214.171.124
Galaxy S I9000M:
(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 126.96.36.199
"It's the assumptions that kill you."
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends."