OP spirodave

8th June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 128

539 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am on stock NB1 using safe strap. I tried flashing KTSG4 Kernel and everything went fine . Until I booted up and when the device started I could not turn on WiFi .. I changed the build.prop file to false like it said to do and saved it . Rebooted and it still wouldn't turn on.

Things I have done 1. Flashed the kernel 2.Wipe cache Wipe Dalvik 3.Fix Permissions 4.Reboot 5. Changed boild.prop to false ... If there is something I am missing please let me know...I just bought the GS4 2 days ago and have been trying to learn what I need before posting .. Just wondering if there is a 4.4 kernel module I need to flash also.. I seen them for MF3 and Mk2 but not Nb1.. Any help would be much appreciated I also have knox removed . At least so it seems that I get no notifications from it
Last edited by spirodave; 8th June 2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: correction
8th June 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 174

413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave

I am on stock NB1 using safe strap. I tried flashing KTSG4 Kernel and everything went fine . Until I booted up and when the device started I could not turn on WiFi .. I changed the build.prop file to false like it said to do and saved it . Rebooted and it still wouldn't turn on.

Things I have done 1. Flashed the kernel 2.Wipe cache Wipe Dalvik 3.Fix Permissions 4.Reboot 5. Changed boild.prop to false ... If there is something I am missing please let me know...I just bought the GS4 2 days ago and have been trying to learn what I need before posting .. Just wondering if there is a 4.4 kernel module I need to flash also.. I seen them for MF3 and Mk2 but not Nb1.. Any help would be much appreciated I also have knox removed . At least so it seems that I get no notifications from it

What is the reason that you keep creating threads without following what you are asked not to? I have already replied to your own very thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776346 saying that the kernel cannot be changed. Yes, the kernel flash from recovery will "look" like it succeeds but actually it does nothing. You can only change the kernel by Odin flashing a Samsung signed kernel for the model.

Please read the All things ATT thread for more information about ATT SGH-I337 phone.
8th June 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 128

539 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=jmjoyas;53258303]What is the reason that you keep creating threads without following what you are asked not to? I have already replied to your own very thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776346 saying that the kernel cannot be changed. Yes, the kernel flash from recovery will "look" like it succeeds but actually it does nothing. You can only change the kernel by Odin flashing a Samsung signed kernel for the model.

Please read the All things ATT thread for more information about ATT SGH-I337 phone.[
This reason I posted another question in the Q/A is because you didn't answer my ? . You did answer my question this time . now that I know I have to change the kernel via Odin I have no further questions . If I were to ask you where something was and you said "Its over there" and you didn't point in the direction of it then I would still be left with another question. So I just answered your question for you . Were even . I am just getting familiar with this device and only had it 2 days and now that I know this about having to flash the kernel in odin I really don't have any more questions. Thanks for the feedback
Last edited by spirodave; 8th June 2014 at 11:14 PM.
9th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,560

10,310 posts
Good luck changing it with Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread