Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning S5 to Tmo...

Tip us?

sindawe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Returning S5 to Tmo...

Hey all. So I have an S5 and I love it...minus one thing. The mic seems screwed up. Ppl calling me say they hear really bad reverb, echo like distortion, and sounds like the audio if you try to stream video over a dialup modem. Going through tests with Tmo tech dept and proving that Bluetooth works just fine points us to a problem with the mic. So, Tmo is sending me a new Samsung Galaxy S5.

Here's the deal, I'm on stock but I'm rooted. I'm also on the first firmware. ..not the one with bad speed or the new #6 one.

For replacement I had to verbally agree that my phone wasn't water damaged, cracked, etc., which would void warranty and I'd be charged $170. Rooting wasn't an option that they asked me.

So my question is should I worry about it? I was planning on wiping the phone so none of my apps are on it, but now I'm wondering if I should do the ane6 (? Don't remember name right now) which will remove root and then do a factory reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Sprint | HTC Touch > Hero > EVO 4g LTE
T-Mobile USA | Samsung Galaxy S5
Model: SM-G900T
Recovery: Phil'z w/ StockRom

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindawe View Post
So my question is should I worry about it? I was planning on wiping the phone so none of my apps are on it, but now I'm wondering if I should do the ane6 (? Don't remember name right now) which will remove root and then do a factory reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
No, I wouldn't be. Don't bother updating or anything, just flash the stock tar with odin and sent it back. But as a disclaimer, don't blame me if they do check.