Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HELP] Phone is softbricked, can't get any ADB commands to work

OP FCO2011

31st May 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
Alright so I'm no stranger to flashing ROMS and whatnot, but today I slipped up and deleted everything on my internal storage, including my NANDROID backup. I still have access to my recovery (CWM touch v6.0.4.5). So I thought "no problem, I"ll just ADB sideload". Well here we are.

Basically I can't get my ****ing phone to communicate with my computer. I installed every damn thing I could think of to get my device to show up after typing "adb devices". I tried the universal toolkit, but as expected it didn't work very well. I tried it on my laptop and desktop, through USB 2.0 and 3.0. I installed the generic Android USB ADB driver, I installed HTC sync for DNA drivers, I installed a standalone version of the DNA driver, and no dice. Can't even get fastboot to communicate. Even though my phone says fastboot USB my computer won't recognize it.

This is seriously ****ing pissing me off, because it should be a simple fix. Anybody have words of wisdom to help me out?

Thanks in advance.
31st May 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 206

627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCO2011

Alright so I'm no stranger to flashing ROMS and whatnot, but today I slipped up and deleted everything on my internal storage, including my NANDROID backup. I still have access to my recovery (CWM touch v6.0.4.5). So I thought "no problem, I"ll just ADB sideload". Well here we are.

Basically I can't get my ****ing phone to communicate with my computer. I installed every damn thing I could think of to get my device to show up after typing "adb devices". I tried the universal toolkit, but as expected it didn't work very well. I tried it on my laptop and desktop, through USB 2.0 and 3.0. I installed the generic Android USB ADB driver, I installed HTC sync for DNA drivers, I installed a standalone version of the DNA driver, and no dice. Can't even get fastboot to communicate. Even though my phone says fastboot USB my computer won't recognize it.

This is seriously ****ing pissing me off, because it should be a simple fix. Anybody have words of wisdom to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

When your in hboot/fastboot and connected to your computer does it say fastboot usb? If it does when you type in fastboot devices is it recognizing your device at all? Should bring up serial number. Are you on Windows xp/7/8 or 8.1?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Which version of the universal ADB drivers did you use, because I just did this to my phone about a month ago and had the same issue? Once I installed the universal generic driver everything communicated and worked properly.
9th June 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

55 posts
Try installing PDAnet it blanket installs a bunch of drivers that got me out of a similar spot!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread