FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Unable to Update Recovery

26th May 2014, 05:16 AM |#1  
dkris2020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
My phone has an older version of TWRP and I want to update it so that I can update to Viper Sense 6.0 and I can not do so. I believe I need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, how would I go about that (where can I find the correct drivers)? I am on Windows 8.1.
 
 
26th May 2014, 06:08 AM |#2  
mopartonyg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A. Area
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkris2020

My phone has an older version of TWRP and I want to update it so that I can update to Viper Sense 6.0 and I can not do so. I believe I need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, how would I go about that (where can I find the correct drivers)? I am on Windows 8.1.

try this thread, worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757414
27th May 2014, 02:25 AM |#3  
dkris2020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg

try this thread, worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757414

This works for me until I go into fastboot, still doesn't recognize my device. Will the Win. 8 drivers for the USB 3.0 thing work since I have 8.1?
27th May 2014, 02:56 AM |#4  
mopartonyg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag L.A. Area
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkris2020

This works for me until I go into fastboot, still doesn't recognize my device. Will the Win. 8 drivers for the USB 3.0 thing work since I have 8.1?

I have 8.1 also with usb 2.0, did yiu try the section for usb 3.0 in the thread?
27th May 2014, 01:33 PM |#5  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkris2020

My phone has an older version of TWRP and I want to update it so that I can update to Viper Sense 6.0 and I can not do so. I believe I need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, how would I go about that (where can I find the correct drivers)? I am on Windows 8.1.

Download the newest twrp image to your phone. Then go to the market and download flashify. It's a free app and it will flash the image for you from your phone. Worked perfect for me on my DNA. It's one way to just avoid using a computer to flash an image. Try that and report back.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 02:30 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkris2020

This works for me until I go into fastboot, still doesn't recognize my device. Will the Win. 8 drivers for the USB 3.0 thing work since I have 8.1?

Try installing PDAnet, it's installed some blanket drivers that have helped me out of recognition issues in the past!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes