Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to Update Recovery

Tip us?

dkris2020
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Unable to Update Recovery

My phone has an older version of TWRP and I want to update it so that I can update to Viper Sense 6.0 and I can not do so. I believe I need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, how would I go about that (where can I find the correct drivers)? I am on Windows 8.1.

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkris2020 View Post
My phone has an older version of TWRP and I want to update it so that I can update to Viper Sense 6.0 and I can not do so. I believe I need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, how would I go about that (where can I find the correct drivers)? I am on Windows 8.1.
try this thread, worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757414

dkris2020
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg View Post
This works for me until I go into fastboot, still doesn't recognize my device. Will the Win. 8 drivers for the USB 3.0 thing work since I have 8.1?

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
This works for me until I go into fastboot, still doesn't recognize my device. Will the Win. 8 drivers for the USB 3.0 thing work since I have 8.1?
I have 8.1 also with usb 2.0, did yiu try the section for usb 3.0 in the thread?

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Download the newest twrp image to your phone. Then go to the market and download flashify. It's a free app and it will flash the image for you from your phone. Worked perfect for me on my DNA. It's one way to just avoid using a computer to flash an image. Try that and report back.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The_Jeff
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Try installing PDAnet, it's installed some blanket drivers that have helped me out of recognition issues in the past!