Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At&t note 3 on cricket wireless / aio

Tip us?

imablackhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 261
Default At&t note 3 on cricket wireless / aio

I'm planning on buying a note 3 at&t branded because I'd be using it on at&ts network but through cricket wireless. Does anyone have any exp in doing this? Does everything work? And LTE?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
I think you'll be one of the first to test this. Cricket use to be cdma style communication whereas at&t is gsm. I believe at&t just merged aio wireless and cricket thus changing cricket from cdma to gsm. If this is true you won't have any problems whatsoever. Just pop in the SIM and it will probably update the apn settings automatically. You can find the apn settings on crickets website and enter them yourself if it doesn't.

zhable
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Just to clarify I am already using aio/cricket for months on this device. All will work fine if you have been reading up on aio and cricket merger you would know att is killing off crickets cdma line and will be using GSM, op just make sure you let SM-N900A is UNLOCKED and that you get a sim card and you should be fine. As per 4g/4g lte you may as well go elsewhere you will get 4g/4g lte where available but remember AIO/CRICKET is throttled data, so no matter what you will be limited to a lower speed. If you need any help let me know I've been on aio for months (pre merger to the point I have an aio sim but cricket in the top left).
Have an AT&T Note 3, sign this petition to unlock our Bootloader! http://chn.ge/192KeHy
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB Black Factory Unlocked
On AT&T's 4G LTE Network (Cricket/Aio)

arlenesboyfriend
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I'm from the Pittsburgh area but now I'm in savanna Georgia and I've had lte almost the whole way..... I'm on cricket wireless also and I've had no problems with them.... I get lte almost everywhere I go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

jondoe27
Old
(Last edited by jondoe27; 8th June 2014 at 02:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-07-07-53-31.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	2786280  

zhable
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe27 View Post
Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)
Not to he offensive but tmobile sucks. Tmobile only has coverage (4g/4g lte) in major cities, aio/cricket runs off of AT&T network so you already get better coverage. Speeds may be throttled but I can do everything off it on these speeds, youtube, milk music, pandora no problems. When I had tmobile I was constantly on "edge"/2g, but on aio/cricket 75% of the time I'm on 4g lte and the rest I'm on 4g. OP unless you plan on never leaving a major city, just get aio/cricket.
Have an AT&T Note 3, sign this petition to unlock our Bootloader! http://chn.ge/192KeHy
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB Black Factory Unlocked
On AT&T's 4G LTE Network (Cricket/Aio)

voigts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was on AIO for about a month, and now am on the merged Cricket with an Unlocked Note 3 (for another month). The 4g LTE data speed is capped at 8mbps. I have no problem streaming whatever I want. I had Verizon and most of the time I only got around that speed anyway. I looked at about every MNVO and provider for a cheaper way to do smartphones, and for 3 smartphones, I am at only $115 a month total with 2.5gb per line. I put out about $700 on a Note 3 and 2 S4 phones, and am saving about $115 a month on what it would cost me with AT&T or Verizon. The coverage for AT&T in my area is excellent. I have also found that the online chat is very quick and helpful with any questions. So far I am very pleased.

AT&T basically threw out Cricket and merely put the brand onto their existing AIO wireless. Given that there are so many more Cricket stores, it makes sense.