Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Built in Battery Monitor shows incorrect information on HTC ONE (4.4.2 GPE)?

OP dkarl403

11th February 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Borlange
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I have attached a screen dump of my HTC ONE Battery Monitor!

I have S-off, rooted, Converted to GPE 4.4.2 RUU, CID GOOGL001, Bulletproof 11.0 Kernel for GPE 4.4.2, cleared all caches before install of RUU, All Sync-OFF, Google Now uninstalled, Locations OFF.

The thing is that I have decent battery times, but one thing that irritates me is that the built in battery monitor seems to show fake results.
I can stream, talk, play games, use other apps, and so on, but still the monitor shows that Android System is the number one batterydrainer!

I have tried everything that I can come up with, but nothing has worked! (Even tried batterycalibration).

Anyone here who has the solvation to this annoying problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-11-19-28-26.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	2573377  
11th February 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 308

1,200 posts
More
why don't you use GSam Battery Monitor for better battery stats and BetterBatteryStats
11th February 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Borlange

6 posts
More
Thats not the problem..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

why don't you use GSam Battery Monitor for better battery stats and BetterBatteryStats

Ihave used GSam Battery Monitor, but thats not the problem here, I just wondered if I somehow could get the built in Battery Monitor to work proberly.
11th February 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore

1,200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403

Ihave used GSam Battery Monitor, but thats not the problem here, I just wondered if I somehow could get the built in Battery Monitor to work proberly.

you can try factory reset
11th February 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Borlange

6 posts
More
Tried that..
Quote:

you can try factory reset

Tried that and it does not work. How much battery drain does your Android System show in the built in monitor?
11th February 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lahore

1,200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403

Tried that and it does not work. How much battery drain does your Android System show in the built in monitor?

maybe this would help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2410871
11th February 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Borlange

6 posts
More
Deleted some system apps..
Quote:

maybe this would help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2410871

I looked at the thread, but no solution, because i still have good battery life, no drains, just weird batterystats, unlike many others.

I unistalled fused locations, CIR Module, and HTC function test, after reading a little bit about them, this is little of a gamble, but after reboot, the system and all the apps seems to work flawlessly.

The only thing remaining in android system now, is android system, setting storage, setting and input devices.

Also installed GSAM for monitoring.

Will post here if I get any positive results(or negative).
9th June 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #8  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 275

607 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just updated my GPE to 4.4.3 and this finally seems fixed. The screen usage is actually showing higher than 2% all the time. It seems that HTC either forgot to screw it up (like they do on all their Sense versions and past GPE) or they fixed it based on user complaints. I still don't understand why they felt users didn't need to know how much battery the screen used.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread