Want to back-up stock first-8GB NT

OP nmyshkin

9th June 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

128 posts
My "new" (used) 8 Gb Nook Tablet arrives tomorrow (hopefully). I currently own a rooted and much-modified NST so I'm not squeamish about fiddling with devices but I've been reading posts on this forum for a couple of weeks and they have me really nervous The word "brick" appears a lot more often than it does in the NST forums!

There seem to be so many ways to get at the same goal and it's not often clear (to me) whether loose ends have been knotted up for a particular procedure. I love reading on my NST so I have no use for the B&N side of my "new" Tablet. My plan is to try out a few ROMs running from SD card (assuming I get a unit that will boot from said....), find a stable one I like and then flash to internal.

BUT FIRST, I want to backup the stock, unrooted system so that it can be restored, if need be. Someone please take pity on an NT-noob whose NST experience just doesn't cut it here and point me at a working method. Otherwise, it's pin the tail on the SD card for me

EDIT: Woo-hoo! I'm slow on the uptake, but the answer was here all along. digixmax and all the developers that made my new CM 10.21 tablet possible, I thank you!
Last edited by nmyshkin; 11th June 2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Solved!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread