Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Calendar Question?

Tip us?

SQUATRACK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Calendar Question?

Hello XDA Assist,

I am trying to find a calendar that will allow me to input my work schedule. I thought that would be the easy part but I seem to be wrong.
My work schedule is 2 on and 2 off, it does not change. They are 12 hr shifts but calendars just do not seem to like 2 on and 2 off. My goal is two simply be able to plug in my work days for , lets say the next year or two but the calendars I have tried will not allow me to do this.
Her is an example of what my shifts look like, do not take this thewrong way but a lot of people get confused when I tell them I work 2 on and 2 off.

MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN

w w o o w w o o w w o o w w

Thank you

bhiga
Old
(Last edited by bhiga; 9th June 2014 at 06:17 AM.) Reason: typo
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
XDA Assist is intended to help people find the appropriate sections/threads to get answers in, rather than get specific answers.
The best section to ask this type of question would be General discussion > Questions and Answers, as it isn't device-specific.

That said, this did picque my interest, and you don't need a specific app to achieve what you want.

My calendar of choice (Business Calendar) lets me specify as below, but the default Google Calendar app seems to have limited options.
However, if you use the web version of Google Calendar you can do exactly the same without any special app.

It'll work to set two events set to repeat daily every 4 days.
For example, if you work today and tomorrow, create the first event as
Work1
Start on: Sunday, June 8, 2014
Repeat: Every 4 days
All-day Event

Now your calendar will show (today is Sunday in my time zone) Work1 on
Sunday, Thursday, (next week) Monday, (next week) Friday, etc.

Then create another event as
Work2
Start on: Monday, June 9, 2014
Repeat: Every 4 days
All-day Event

Now you calendar will show Work2 on
Monday, Friday, (next week) Tuesday, (next week) Saturday, etc

Nothing says you can't name the two the same, I just did different names for clarity.

If you have additional or follow-up questions, please make a post in General discussion > Questions and Answers.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe