Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Auto-Brightness not working

Tip us?
 
eyecon82
Old
#1  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1648
Posts: 2,235
Join Date: May 2010
Default Auto-Brightness not working

For the past few days, I noticed that my screen was very bright in dark conditions when checked on Auto-Brightness, so I would uncheck and recheck the box and it worked fine for a few hours until I had to repeat that step

Now, when I have it checked, the screen is extremely dim and not adjusting at all to brightness levels.

As a result, I have to manually adjust it.

Anyone else notice this weird phenomenon?

-Sent from Tapatalk
 
indroider
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2012
Location: jaipur
Default Same problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
For the past few days, I noticed that my screen was very bright in dark conditions when checked on Auto-Brightness, so I would uncheck and recheck the box and it worked fine for a few hours until I had to repeat that step

Now, when I have it checked, the screen is extremely dim and not adjusting at all to brightness levels.

As a result, I have to manually adjust it.

Anyone else notice this weird phenomenon?

-Sent from Tapatalk
its like the sensors .. are drunk ... n works ... like slathig
 
a_k_gano
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 57
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by indroider View Post
its like the sensors .. are drunk ... n works ... like slathig
Try LUX application.

I am not satisfied by the original auto brightness function.

LUX works fine. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53079469)
The Following User Says Thank You to a_k_gano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kkaratasli
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ankara
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_k_gano View Post
Try LUX application.

I am not satisfied by the original auto brightness function.

LUX works fine. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53079469)
Indeed, LUX works like a charm.
 
indroider
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2012
Location: jaipur
WOrks fine ... at least better than ... Stock
 
a_k_gano
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 57
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaratasli View Post
Indeed, LUX works like a charm.
just keep in mind the application is not for free (although it is cheap), and it consumes around 5 Mb's from the RAM.

Thanks,
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...