[Q] Truesmart: No Sound and mic has stopped work

OP A_Snail

30th May 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
Hi
I've recently got one of the EU 1/8 Omate Truesmart watches. To start with it was fine, but after realizing I had missed some calls yesterday I realized that the watch made no sounds and the mic wasn't working either when I made some test phone calls. The vibrate does still work. I've changed the Modes in the Audio Profile but that doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Has anyone else had these problems?

I suspect the mic and speaker are in different parts of the watch, so I'm guessing its a software issue rather than something has shaken loose. I tried to work out how to reset the watch, but so far I haven't worked out how to do that (I haven't patched it yet, so it still has the original version of the firmware etc).

Thanks for any assistance
31st May 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
Somehow I managed to get the sound and mic working again . The last thing I was trying was to turn the watch off and on repeatedly, pressing or holding the two buttons down while it booted. One of the other posts suggested that I could get to a menu to reset the watch this way. Whilst I never saw a menu, on one occasion it did take longer to boot than normal (a few extra seconds) so I may have selected an option with out realising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_Snail For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
I've been reading here for months waiting for my TS to arrive and today it has!

I quickly found that all sound and mic was not working and my heart sank. But reading this question and the poster's own reply, and a hint from elsewhere, I turned off "fast boot" in the accessibility menu, shut down and restarted, and hey presto, sound input and output works fine. The "fast boot off" setting seems to be required in order to make the device really reboot.

Many, many thanks to all here who have been contributing to the knowledge base on this device. Hopefully I can now contribute, if only from the point of view of a non-expert man-in-the-street end user, from time to time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread