Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alternative to ODIN

Tip us?
 
Hemilpatel3296
Old
#1  
Hemilpatel3296's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 240
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nadiad
Default [Q] Alternative to ODIN

I am having Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and i want to root my phone but cannot connect detect in ODIN in Download Mode but able to find when switch on in regular mode..

I am on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Soo i would like to know that is there any alternative to ODIN ???
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#2  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 798
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemilpatel3296 View Post
I am having Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and i want to root my phone but cannot connect detect in ODIN in Download Mode but able to find when switch on in regular mode..

I am on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Soo i would like to know that is there any alternative to ODIN ???
Use framaroot (?) Did u enable debugging mode before using ODIN?

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from the "China who bans Google"
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
 
PepperBlack
Old
#3  
PepperBlack's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boyolali
can i use framaroot for samsung galaxy y neo gt-s5312
 
hopsin4444
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 8th June 2014 at 10:19 AM.)
#4  
hopsin4444's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 391
Posts: 664
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: denver

 
DONATE TO ME
Hemidel

Sent from my lg optimus e980 mega i527 mega gt-i9205 Nexus 5 Nexus 4



Don't forget to check out my custom keyboards and dialers over at the candyshop thread and all the other cool stuff from all the wonderful devs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49380310
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#5  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 798
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperBlack View Post
can i use framaroot for samsung galaxy y neo gt-s5312
Probably yes

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from the "China who bans Google"
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
 
Hemilpatel3296
Old
#6  
Hemilpatel3296's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 240
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nadiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
Use framaroot (?) Did u enable debugging mode before using ODIN?

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from the "China who bans Google"
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
Framaroot is not working in my model....

It finds one exploit but not able to inject SuperSU using it

Sent by HEmiL PAteL
 
AAbounegm
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 55
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Heimdall

The most famous alternative to Odin is Heimdall.

Here is its thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755265

I haven't tested it personally, but my friend did and he gave a positive review.
 
Hemilpatel3296
Old
#8  
Hemilpatel3296's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 240
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nadiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbounegm View Post
The most famous alternative to Odin is Heimdall.

Here is its thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755265

I haven't tested it personally, but my friend did and he gave a positive review.
Yaa i will try it

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...