[Q] Unable to play games (Real Racing 3) unless recently rebooted

OP Brickmen

2nd June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I'm trying to play Real Racing 3, an admittedly 3D intensive game, on my Xperia Z1. But if the phone has been in standby for a few hours, the game loads incredibly slowly and the races are unplayable due to lag. Often the phone will lock up entirely and need its reset button pressed to restore life.

I know the Xperia can handle the game as it works fine straight after a reboot. But surely it cant be necessary to do this every time I have a break!

I am quite a tweaker and have installed a custom rom, rooted and unlocked the bootloader. I feel this is to do with CPU/GPU throttling probably from the "Performance Control" app but before I completely reset the phone I wonder if someone else has diagnosed and fixed the issue.

Specs:
Xperia Z1: C6903
Android: KitKat 4.4.2
Rom: RomAur v7.1
Kernel: 3.4.0 DooMKernel #16

Performance Control: 2.1.19
Real Racing 3: 2.3.0 [H692]
3rd June 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765

3,702 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmen

I'm trying to play Real Racing 3, an admittedly 3D intensive game, on my Xperia Z1. But if the phone has been in standby for a few hours, the game loads incredibly slowly and the races are unplayable due to lag. Often the phone will lock up entirely and need its reset button pressed to restore life.

I know the Xperia can handle the game as it works fine straight after a reboot. But surely it cant be necessary to do this every time I have a break!

I am quite a tweaker and have installed a custom rom, rooted and unlocked the bootloader. I feel this is to do with CPU/GPU throttling probably from the "Performance Control" app but before I completely reset the phone I wonder if someone else has diagnosed and fixed the issue.

Specs:
Xperia Z1: C6903
Android: KitKat 4.4.2
Rom: RomAur v7.1
Kernel: 3.4.0 DooMKernel #16

Performance Control: 2.1.19
Real Racing 3: 2.3.0 [H692]

Flash the advanced stock kernel then give it a whirl. I've got no problems here running any game i'm on monx with the adv st kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632808
8th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thanks for the reply and I did give the new kernel a go but it didn't seem to sort it.

I then wiped the device and put on a clean iHackers V4.1 rom with kernel and that seems to have sorted it.

Cheers.
9th June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765

3,702 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmen

Thanks for the reply and I did give the new kernel a go but it didn't seem to sort it.

I then wiped the device and put on a clean iHackers V4.1 rom with kernel and that seems to have sorted it.

Cheers.

Glad you got it sorted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3d games, games, lag, throttling
Previous Thread Next Thread