No WIFI on AOSP ROMS - BOUNTY $20

Search This thread

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Will pay someone to help me UNDERSTAND and fix this issue I have.

I have ATT HTC ONE M8 - S-OFF, CID 1111111

I have successfully used all Sense ROMs. But if I flash ANY AOSP ROM I have no WIFI whatsoever. It connects sometimes and drops right off. I can't use any non-Sense ROMs because of this and I am starting to get PO-ed.

Please help, reward in it.

GohanBurner

May 8, 2011
Waukesha, WI
I was told that wifi is like this because of HTC having a closed source wifi driver. Regular unsecured networks you should be able to connect to, but secured connections you'll have to be extremely close to the router to connect. Frustrating, I know.

Reactions: PhillyFlyer

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I was told that wifi is like this because of HTC having a closed source wifi driver. Regular unsecured networks you should be able to connect to, but secured connections you'll have to be extremely close to the router to connect. Frustrating, I know.

Yes, that information is all I have been able to uncover actually. But I dont understand how its not really a big deal for anyone else? Haha.

I mean all these people seem to be using these AOSP ROMs....but I am the only one who seems to care that I have absolutely no wifi sitting on my couch at home?

Strange that people are just 'dealing'

Anyway - thanks

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Yes, that information is all I have been able to uncover actually. But I dont understand how its not really a big deal for anyone else? Haha.

I mean all these people seem to be using these AOSP ROMs....but I am the only one who seems to care that I have absolutely no wifi sitting on my couch at home?

Anyway - thanks

It is and has been a big deal for others. You can see this in pretty much every AOSP thread we have here. Only a few of you guys are experiencing no wifi at all. There's only a couple of options that can be done next to "just dealing" which is digging into the code and trying to fix it or using a non AOSP based ROM.

Try this if you want and test your wifi and let me know if it's any better.

AOKP Build 6.8.2014
DOWNLOAD HERE

Reactions: PhillyFlyer

GohanBurner

May 8, 2011
Waukesha, WI

Anyway - thanks

If I got great 4G signal here at work I probably wouldn't mind as much about not being able to connect to the network here where you have to log in to use the free WiFi. I can never get to the acceptance page. Since there is free WiFi here I might as well use it but I can't. CarbonROM seems to be PERFECT aside from the WiFi issue plaguing all AOSP ROMs at the moment.

I just hope that someone can confirm that it is an issue that is being looked into. I'm a little curious as to why HTC would lock down its WiFi drivers...

Jared_coop

May 13, 2014
I have had the same problem as you on all AOSP roms except Liquidsmooth. I flashed liquidsmooth beta (from the HTC m8 original thread) and wifi worked while it didn't on all of the others. The most current one is running on 4.4.3 and that may have something to do with it. I really want to flash Paranoid but Im waiting on 4.4.3. Liquidsmooth is a very stable rom if you want to check it out. I saw on a PA Google+ post that the 4.4.3 update may help fix this issue so I would wait... Although, I could be wrong

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I hope that it gets resolved soon. I am so sick of using Sense. In fact, I hate all stock interpretations of Android. AOSP or die.

Have you tried playing with the WIFi module? If it is working on one, then you should be able to use it's WIFI module on another. If you aren't getting any wifi at all, well that sounds like a kernel module issue to me.

What kernel are you using?

GohanBurner

May 8, 2011
Waukesha, WI
My problem isn't connecting to WiFi, I can do that just fine. I haven't tried connecting to a secure password-protected network yet, but "Guest" access points I can't get to the page where you accept the terms of use unless I'm a few feet from the router. I don't know of any ROM that has allowed me to connect farther away from it yet. All the ROMs I have tried seem to let me use unsecured access points with no problem.

On AOSP ROMs I've tried the included Kernel baked into the ROM and Excaliber 0.3.

On Sense I'm on Faux.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyway - thanks

It is and has been a big deal for others. You can see this in pretty much every AOSP thread we have here. Only a few of you guys are experiencing no wifi at all. There's only a couple of options that can be done next to "just dealing" which is digging into the code and trying to fix it or using a non AOSP based ROM.

Try this if you want and test your wifi and let me know if it's any better.

AOKP Build 6.8.2014
    DOWNLOAD HERE