FORUMS

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

[q] what version my g2 is?

385 posts
Thanks Meter: 58
 
By javedabbasi, Senior Member on 9th June 2014, 11:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. I am new user of LG. I bought a Korean version of LG G2. Friend of mine flashed international version (as per his saying) of KK. Phone is rooted as well. Now phone's software/hardware specs are as follows: Android ver 4.4.2, Kernel 3.4.0 Build No. KOT40I.D80220b, software vers. Lightning v2.0. In hardware info section it is Model No. LG-F320L. It is now confusing for me either my phone is D802 or F320L.

I want to flash recovery in order to flash custom rom. Please guide me what my phone is now, D802 or F320L? Which phone version recovery is safe I should flash? Thanks for any help.
 
 
9th June 2014, 12:04 PM |#2  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Đakovo
Thanks Meter: 2,694
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javedabbasi

Hi. I am new user of LG. I bought a Korean version of LG G2. Friend of mine flashed international version (as per his saying) of KK. Phone is rooted as well. Now phone's software/hardware specs are as follows: Android ver 4.4.2, Kernel 3.4.0 Build No. KOT40I.D80220b, software vers. Lightning v2.0. In hardware info section it is Model No. LG-F320L. It is now confusing for me either my phone is D802 or F320L.

I want to flash recovery in order to flash custom rom. Please guide me what my phone is now, D802 or F320L? Which phone version recovery is safe I should flash? Thanks for any help.

try typing 3845#*802# in dialer.. does it work ? If yes - it will answer your question
9th June 2014, 12:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

try typing 3845#*802# in dialer.. does it work ? If yes - it will answer your question

No. It does not work.
9th June 2014, 12:18 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,534
 
More
It's definitely a F320L then You can take back cover off, right? And there's place for a MicroSD? If yes, then it's a F320L
9th June 2014, 12:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

It's definitely a F320L then You can take back cover off, right? And there's place for a MicroSD? If yes, then it's a F320L

My friend, I know it is originally Korean Version (F320L) and I am using MicroSD as well but firmware flashed on this is not the original one. The software version is Lightning v2.0. Before this on original software(firmware) there were many Korean softwares and after flashing current firmware (which someone else flashed for me) there is no Korean thingy on phone and it is all English and rooted as well.The build no is also changed. My question is I still need recoveries prepared for F320L or recovery matching to build no. KOT49L.D80220b? Because all recoveries are for different variants and I don't know which is for my phone. Bottom line is I need a working recovery on my phone so I can try different custom roms.
Last edited by javedabbasi; 9th June 2014 at 12:34 PM.
9th June 2014, 12:40 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,534
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javedabbasi

My friend, I know it is originally Korean Version (F320L) and I am using MicroSD as well but firmware flashed on this is not the original one. The software version is Lightning v2.0. Before this on original software(firmware) there were many Korean softwares and after flashing current firmware (which someone else flashed for me) there is no Korean thingy on phone and it is all English and rooted as well.The build no is also changed. My question is I still need recoveries prepared for F320L or recovery matching to build no. KOT49L.D80220b? Because all recoveries are for different variants and I don't know which is for my phone. Bottom line is I need a working recovery on my phone so I can try different custom roms.

You should most definitely flash a custom recovery for F320L then

There are many D802 Roms built on Korean firmwares but that doesn't make the core things of the phone Korean, and that's what you should look for when flashing.
Your ROM is just built around a D802 Firmware but everything is modified so it matches your F320L. I hope this helps!
9th June 2014, 12:48 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

You should most definitely flash a custom recovery for F320L then

There are many D802 Roms built on Korean firmwares but that doesn't make the core things of the phone Korean, and that's what you should look for when flashing.
Your ROM is just built around a D802 Firmware but everything is modified so it matches your F320L. I hope this helps!

Finally, someone understood my problem. Thanks for your answer. OK, Now if I flash F320L recovery and somehow it goes wrong than what will happen. Because I do not have any backup of current rom
9th June 2014, 12:52 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,534
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javedabbasi

Finally, someone understood my problem. Thanks for your answer. OK, Now if I flash F320L recovery and somehow it goes wrong than what will happen. Because I do not have any backup of current rom

Honestly, since you're running a custom ROM already, I think you have a custom recovery installed for how would you otherwise have a custom rom ?

Please try turning your phone off, and try factory resetting your phone using the button combination - that should take you to the custom recovery
9th June 2014, 12:56 PM |#9  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Đakovo
Thanks Meter: 2,694
 
Donate to Me
More
Be careful about the build.prop entries.


If there is wrong build info (d802 instead of some other let's say..) and you unroot, and you have no recovery and want to use download mode, the lg tool detects it's d802 and you can't flash your proper kdz..

It's most likely because of your current rom. If the rom cook provided variants in aroma then he didn't provide seperate build.prop's (or entries)..
9th June 2014, 12:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

Honestly, since you're running a custom ROM already, I think you have a custom recovery installed for how would you otherwise have a custom rom ?

Please try turning your phone off, and try factory resetting your phone using the button combination - that should take you to the custom recovery

Exactly same thought come to my mind and I tried to enter in recovery mode and found a full page in Korean language which is for sure is not recovery I used always.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes