help Rom mess up my new battery

OP jutopa

6th June 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

196 posts
Bought a new battery
Used NamelessRom for a two days, and now my battery goes down to 50% normally, after 50% the screen goes black and phone power offu
If I try to power on, can't get even the screen on. Connect the phone to charger, boots up at 0%, instead of 50%
Go back to stock, and tried to calibrate the battery in any ways posible (supercharger scritps, leaving the phone all night charging, battery stats erased) and no luck
The voltage of the battery full charged is 4180mv (the highest value I have reached) and the minium with 0% es 3476mv

What happened?

PD: Also recieved a DM from @kael.yagami and he said the 4.4 roms have messed up with two of his batteries too.
9th June 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kaiserslautern
Thanks Meter: 22

91 posts
Greetings;

I've never tested the nameless rom. And i got the same problem.
And yes.. I also had a 4.4 rom before.
Yesterday i tried:
delete the battery stats under cwm; installed "battery calibration" application.
Charged the device until full; pressed "battery calibration" button (inside the app; then gave an exaustive use to my device so i could drain my battery faster; charged the device again and so far seems ok. Im going to give another exaustive use to see how it behaves.

I also noticed (yesterday) that at reboot battery percentage gets mad by displaying:

i.e last night from about 50% (52% to be precise) to 5% instantly just with a reboot.

I went: wtf!?

I am using DDLF2 rom.
There may exist an explanation for this.

But it is too much coincidence to be the 3rd person that has installed a 4.4 rom.
It is possible though...
A rom that was designed for specific hardware/devices can make different harware and battery usage.
Due to that reason it lead me to try some alternatives.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by rgxHost; 9th June 2014 at 02:14 AM.
9th June 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Palma de Mallorca
Thanks Meter: 389

738 posts
More
I used kk roms in my sl since the beggining and dont have problem with battery. Its your new battery original? May be you dont know that wiping battery stats.bin you are misscalibrating your battery, thats why you have wrong indication level. Read a bit about that.

Sent from Mallorca to your face
9th June 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kaiserslautern
Thanks Meter: 22

91 posts
I always thought battery stats were only "Battery Usage Information".
Didn't knew that it could mess the calibration. Wich Acording to this website:

http://m.androidcentral.com/wiping-b...oogle-engineer

There are no effects on battery. And like i said: status info only.

I've been searching for that but couldnt find info regarding de-calibration when batterystats is deleted.

I actually do it whenever i flash a new rom. Never had a problem until now. But i dont believe it is due to the Battery stats.

Wakelocks maybe?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Ok i found my missing part of this in wich i didnt knew.

It is confirmed that battery stats stores information.
By deleting the battery stats there is no harm for your battery.
What happens when you delete the battery stats is you will delete all the infomation the battery uses to perform better.
Erasing battery stats and
Recalibrating is good when you flash a different rom. But not necessary.
The catch is whenever you delete the stats you will have to let the stats be build again. And that will take several days (if not weeks or months of charges).
Only then battery will perform on its best.
I can confirm this fact with my other phone.
It started to last 5 times longer than the day i bought it.
In this case to be precise since the last batterystats. (it was in January).
I dare to say that my other device lasts until the very last bit of battery. Wich is awsome!

Note that you can recalibrate by letting your device discharge completely (until it wont even turn on); charge it untill 100%; done.

Please press "Thank" button if it helped you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, namelessrom, voltage
Previous Thread Next Thread