Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[need help] Problem with bootloop and internal storage

Tip us?

rboy28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [need help] Problem with bootloop and internal storage

Hey guys,

I want to repair the i9003 for a friend and I'm a little bit confused o.0
I own a i9001 so I'm familiar with Odin and that stuff.

He gave me the device which only had access to the Download Mode. So I flashed a Stock ROM (MODEM, CODE, CSC, ...). It ended in bootloop and previous appeared note in recovery that it wasn't able a access to the sd card anyway ("unable to write to ums lunfile" and can't mount).

I flashed various Stock ROMs but everytime the same conclusion (bootloop). I've already tried to format/(un)mount sdcard through CWM but no chance.

Can anyone help? I read about a method where you have to open the device and connect something to the mainboard but it isn't my device, so I wouldn't do it.

Need help
Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
ROM: CM 11 - Nightly 0308

Samsung Galaxy S Plus - GT-I9001
ROM: [UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2] ParanoidAndroid 4.3 (B4) [lost but still in memory]

bobby_zirchoone
Old
(Last edited by bobby_zirchoone; 23rd April 2014 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy28 View Post
Hey guys,

I want to repair the i9003 for a friend and I'm a little bit confused o.0
I own a i9001 so I'm familiar with Odin and that stuff.

Need help
if phone is rooted go this dir mnt/sdcard/(files)
u can do this with wondershare mobile go program (wondershare mobile go is a software that allow u to manage phone file edit or install app or read massage that nice)

so.. mnt/sdcard(files) .export those files with wondershare mobile go from that toolbar .
see can u do this or u will get error during export(beware after export import it and make backup) ?or check it maybe these files are deleted and sdcard folder is empty like my problem.

all my regret is why i didnt backup from that.when i bought it first day.
anyway i have same problem .phone doesnt recognize int/ex sd card and unavailable keep goin thread to find .wont fix with flash by odin at all .

tell me about those files try find them maybe they are corrupted .like mine.i think must take it from other i9003 that hasn't sd card problem.when u find plz upload cuz i need too
and it this case problem will fix with a simple copy paste and if not u dont lose nothin

rboy28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
I can't do that. When I type "diskpart" in cmd.exe and "list disk" there will be no device found (only the hard drive in the computer).
But the PC recognize a device connected to it because in the taskbar the icon for a connected USB drive is shown.

In short:
- device doesn't boot normally (bootloop at logo)
- in stock recovery and CWM there is no internal sdcard shown ("E: can't mount sdcard")
- windows recognize a device but has no access to it

Is it possible to use adb sideload anyway on the i9003 or anything else where I can use adb.exe? I don't know if adb works in Download Mode ... does it?

I tried this CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1351056 and an another one with green letters.
The first is quite outdated (packed in 31.01.2012).

Is there a newer one?

rboy28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Here are photos what the Recovery (stock) says after Odin flash (stock firmare)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140423_141457.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	2703687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140423_141746.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	2703688  

bobby_zirchoone
Old
(Last edited by bobby_zirchoone; 25th April 2014 at 08:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I can't do that. When I type "diskpart" in cmd.exe and "list disk" there will be no device found (only the hard drive in the computer).
But the PC recognize a device connected to it because in the taskbar the icon for a connected USB drive is shown.

In short:
- device doesn't boot normally (bootloop at logo)
- in stock recovery and CWM there is no internal sdcard shown ("E: can't mount sdcard")

Is there a newer one?
i had exact same paroblem

do this maybe work (worked for me) .
this problem occurred when i used 16 gb toshiba as ex sd card (doesnt matter brand) after flash sd card and format it by pc that said ex sd remove unexpecteldy and turned off and whole battery charge was over. then i changed ex sd with my other phone and it work with no problem and when i replaced again 16 gb toshiba in phone ,again problem.
but after i format internal storage by phone from setting/phone storage . phone couldnt mount int sd till now.
so i inserted new ex sd and flashed whole rom with odin (MODEM, CODE, CSC, ...) phone started but without int storage i found out sd card directory is different and wont fix with flash STOCK ROM .but i doubt it for Custom ROM.
then i took ex sd card out from phone and turn it on again phone didnt boot up and was hang on samsung logo (same problem with 16 gb toshiba).then put that new ex sd card in and phone was boot up with no problem but int storage didnt come back..

so try with new ex sd and try flash rom (MODEM, CODE, CSC, ...) with odin then it will boot up.

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:

In short:

Is there a newer one?
after phone booted up again (in not case bootloop again)try root it with odin if u on 2.3.6 or super on click or other if u on froyo 2.2 then go turn on usb debuggin and use ''wonder share mobile go'' (software) and plug usb up run wondershare and it will recognize phone go to phone thorough wondershare if ur device is rooted u can access all phone files and folder then go to tis dir>>mnt/sd card/(files) <<<<upload for me these files

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote:

In short:

windows recognize a device but has no access to it

Is there a newer one?
and if ur int sd card come back again it will solve E:cant mount sdcard .first do two prior steps . for bring back internal sd again i think we need >>mnt/sdcard/(files) and copy paste those files in that location from other i9003 phone to our devices IMO cuz i tried many method they are useless. upper 60% im sure those files will revive int sd
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby_zirchoone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rboy28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
I already solved it by destroying the internal memory on board and force install the stock ROM on an external sdcard. I successfully installed CM11 and it works except camera and downloads ^^

roshandes
Old
Thanks Meter 155
hi, have anyone found solution on this issue?
i am also facing same issue....

bronyDrake
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I already solved it by destroying the internal memory on board and force install the stock ROM on an external sdcard. I successfully installed CM11 and it works except camera and downloads ^^
Hi Friend,
I have the same problem. flashing Stock, Kernel , custom rom. Nothing make my phone successfully boot up.
Can you help me how exactly you did this. It might give a life for my friends phone too...

rgxHost
Old
(Last edited by rgxHost; 10th June 2014 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Remove or replace microSDCard.
Perform a clean flash with ddlf2 or original firmware.
And let us know how it went.

Also i see people saying this mistake several times...

Internal SDCard or SDCard stands for phone storage.

Emmc/External Storage/ External SDCard Stands for the microSDCard.

Noting that custom roms usually change the names.
With a custom rom the microSDCard is called emmc inside the system.

Please press "Thank" button if it helped you.
Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app