FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Cannot Get HTC M8 Update 1.58

20th May 2014, 05:29 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hi All,
I have been trying to get the FW update with extreme save mode for almost a week now.
I check for software updates daily and I get the NO UPDATE found message.
Called At&t and tech support is as useful as my 3 years old kid.
Does anyone have the same problem? Solutions?
Thanks
 
 
20th May 2014, 06:56 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Unlock bootloader, install Android Revolution thats been updated with latest release and you are good to go. No reason to wait till they let it work for yea when you can do it yourself.
20th May 2014, 08:54 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRolla

Unlock bootloader, install Android Revolution thats been updated with latest release and you are good to go. No reason to wait till they let it work for yea when you can do it yourself.

Thanks for the advice, but others are getting the update OTA, without root or downloading Android Rev.
20th May 2014, 09:21 PM |#4  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,856
 
More
Some M8 owners may see a delay in getting the OTA, as it rolls out sequentially, by some means (I've seen AT&T suggest its by IMEI number). A minority of folks will never get it, just by some random fluke or other (as happens on any OTA).

If you don't want to wait, the RUU is already posted. You can download to a PC, and run it with your phone connected. But it will wipe user data.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757462
Last edited by redpoint73; 20th May 2014 at 09:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 02:56 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Some M8 owners may see a delay in getting the OTA, as it rolls out sequentially, by some means (I've seen AT&T suggest its by IMEI number). A minority of folks will never get it, just by some random fluke or other (as happens on any OTA).

If you don't want to wait, the RUU is already posted. You can download to a PC, and run it with your phone connected. But it will wipe user data.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757462

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and it wouldn't work. Do I need root or s-off?

Also, has everyone that attempted to download things manually received the update?
I would really appreciate the responses
6th June 2014, 11:14 AM |#6  
Android The Greek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 406
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassij

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and it wouldn't work. Do I need root or s-off?

Also, has everyone that attempted to download things manually received the update?
I would really appreciate the responses

How did it not work? As long as you are completely stock with cid cws__001 it should work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th June 2014, 01:26 AM |#7  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassij

Hi All,
I have been trying to get the FW update with extreme save mode for almost a week now.
I check for software updates daily and I get the NO UPDATE found message.
Called At&t and tech support is as useful as my 3 years old kid.
Does anyone have the same problem? Solutions?
Thanks

download ota package from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963146
put it on your micro sd card
boot to recovery "vol up and power 10 sec, vol down and power until boot loader comes up and navigate to recovery"
once in recovery its either vol up and power or vol down and power for a few seconds for advanced options
choose install update from external sd.
9th June 2014, 02:04 PM |#8  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,856
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassij

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and it wouldn't work. Do I need root or s-off?

No, the phone does not need to be modded to run the RUU. Its a "official" update/recovery tool provided by HTC. If you phone is stock, it should work, as the above response also indicated.

If it "wouldn't work" it would be more helpful to give details, if you want proper help. Not just say it didn't work. What step did it fail at , any error message, etc. Also, the current state of your phone (root, unlocked bootloader, etc.), as we can only assume based on your comment about root, etc.

RUU failing on a stock device is usually a USB connectivity issue on the part of your computer (not a problem on the phone's side). Install or re-install the HTC drives, try a different USB port, or a different computer (if available). If on Windows 8.1, that version is a known issue and will not work with the HTC drivers. You can also try re-downloading the RUU to make sure it wasn't damaged/corrupted during download.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes