MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[Q] Getting KitKat 4.4.2 for 5120 LTE Note 8?

6th June 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
I keep seeing reports about KitKat coming to the Note 8, but it's alwsays the 5100 and 5110 versions. Are we getting KitKat 4.4.2 for 5120 LTE Note 8?
9th June 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine

I keep seeing reports about KitKat coming to the Note 8, but it's alwsays the 5100 and 5110 versions. Are we getting KitKat 4.4.2 for 5120 LTE Note 8?

Bump...Anybody know the answer?
9th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine

Bump...Anybody know the answer?

Hold on to your horses. It will come... probably by next month.

You can always check using OTA by going into About Device and tapping on Software Update to get the device to check manually.
9th June 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Thanks. I'm new to the Note 8, just bought a lightly used one in Toronto, but now I'm starting to wonder if it will get an upgrade. Seems that the Canadian (and maybe AT&T) versions are the i467M, slightly different from other markets, and with such small market share, they are being forgotten.

My guess from looking at these threads is that if I tried to even put the 4.2.2 update for the 5120 on from late last year, it will brick my device since for some reason certain carriers, including all Canadian carriers, have a basterdized version of the hardware.

So it's possible I'm on 4.1.2 forever. But thanks for the reply.

Harry
9th June 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine

Thanks. I'm new to the Note 8, just bought a lightly used one in Toronto, but now I'm starting to wonder if it will get an upgrade. Seems that the Canadian (and maybe AT&T) versions are the i467M, slightly different from other markets, and with such small market share, they are being forgotten.

My guess from looking at these threads is that if I tried to even put the 4.2.2 update for the 5120 on from late last year, it will brick my device since for some reason certain carriers, including all Canadian carriers, have a basterdized version of the hardware.

So it's possible I'm on 4.1.2 forever. But thanks for the reply.

Harry

Outside of a few games causing 4.1.2 to lockup or pause... 4.1.2 is fairly good. Though there are some things it does not share with 4.2.2. Until there is an update, you can always do what I have done to my 4.2.2... It works with 4.1.2 as well on the 5120.

Saferoot, and you will not void or cause the system to detect rooting. It leaves OTA and Kies available to update.

Run what I have in my list for signature, and be happy... A great improvement over having a basic stock ROM.

Though editing the build.prop is not difficult, you may want to search as there are plenty of threads with the info.

I use Solid Explorer Pro, though many like Root Explorer though it does not require rooting... if your rooting might as well use Solid, as it works well in landscape mode split screens, or swipe back and fourth in portrait.
9th June 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #6  
emprize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
1,237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Donate to Me
More
the 4.4.2 can download at sammobile already, but super slow on my side, can anyone mirror it?
9th June 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

Outside of a few games causing 4.1.2 to lockup or pause... 4.1.2 is fairly good. Though there are some things it does not share with 4.2.2. Until there is an update, you can always do what I have done to my 4.2.2... It works with 4.1.2 as well on the 5120.

Saferoot, and you will not void or cause the system to detect rooting. It leaves OTA and Kies available to update.

Run what I have in my list for signature, and be happy... A great improvement over having a basic stock ROM.

Though editing the build.prop is not difficult, you may want to search as there are plenty of threads with the info.

I use Solid Explorer Pro, though many like Root Explorer though it does not require rooting... if your rooting might as well use Solid, as it works well in landscape mode split screens, or swipe back and fourth in portrait.

Thanks for all your help. I know of Wanam, have it on my S5, but unfortunately, it only works from 4.2 and up, not 4.1. My only issue is getting these regular 5 second pauses where my browser stops working, read about it online and 4.2 supposedly fixes it. Otherwise I think I would be OK with 4.1. Feel a bit ripped off, it's a fairly new tablet produced for Canadian carriers, and then they decide to completely abandon it at 4.1.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes