Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I cant root my i9505 on stock rom it keeps failing.

Tip us?
 
AMLB
Old
#1  
AMLB's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 38
Join Date: May 2013
Default I cant root my i9505 on stock rom it keeps failing.

I'm on stock touchwiz, tried to root it using auto root, I enabled usb debugging, got into download mode, flashed using odin but failed. When I rebooted it showed firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use kies and use recovery method. Please help guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GT-I9300 running Omnirom and a new handset coming soon.
 
RubbaBand
Old
#2  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 403
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Benghazi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB View Post
I'm on stock touchwiz, tried to root it using auto root, I enabled usb debugging, got into download mode, flashed using odin but failed. When I rebooted it showed firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use kies and use recovery method. Please help guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just flash stock firmware via Odin
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device



IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation
 
AMLB
Old
#3  
AMLB's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 38
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand View Post
Just flash stock firmware via Odin
I tried what you said but it just keeps failing. I was also trying to root and flash a custom recovery but both just keep failing. I cant even use my S4 right now..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GT-I9300 running Omnirom and a new handset coming soon.
 
RubbaBand
Old
#4  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 403
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Benghazi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB View Post
I tried what you said but it just keeps failing. I was also trying to root and flash a custom recovery but both just keep failing. I cant even use my S4 right now..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Change the USB Port, make sure you dont connect to USB 3.0, change the cable
If all of the above failed try it on another pc
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device



IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation
 
AMLB
Old
(Last edited by AMLB; 9th June 2014 at 02:19 PM.)
#5  
AMLB's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 38
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand View Post
Change the USB Port, make sure you dont connect to USB 3.0, change the cable
If all of the above failed try it on another pc
It worked! Thank you for your help. 😊

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GT-I9300 running Omnirom and a new handset coming soon.
 
RubbaBand
Old
#6  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 403
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Benghazi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB View Post
It worked! Thank you for your help. 😊

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Anytime bro
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device



IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation
 
Zaraee
Old
#7  
Zaraee's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur
I've encounter this problem once before and this is what i did to get flash success through odin.

close all running program on your pc.. start odin and plug in your usb cable.. please do not use your pc while flashing stock rom on your phone because this is why it kept falling..flashing stock rom on galaxy s4 took pretty long time since the file is big.. just wait until the process is finish..

note : you can still use download mode when you get this message ( firmware upgrade encountered an issue )

p/s : i didn't see that it already has been solved.. i'm very tired when writing this so i think i might just post it here so other member can get clue when they encounter this problem

it took time when writing this, cuz my english is bad and i don't want to just delete it

The Following User Says Thank You to Zaraee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more