Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more
Post Reply

[Q] Massive Idle battery drain? Any ideas?

OP dsebbs

3rd June 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #11  
harlenm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
1,780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsebbs

Time for a clean wipe it's sounding like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Install your apps one at a time and see which one causes issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #12  
VashTS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I had this issue 1 time with youtube being the culprit. it was stuck open. once i killed all running apps, the battery drain went back to normal.

its rare but its youtube.
4th June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #13  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
5,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerobles1

Dude, use Ultra Power Saving Mode when you're not using your phone. It will make a huge difference. With my phone just seating there over night, as in about 6 to 8 hours, it will loose no more than one percent. With some txts coming through, it will loose no more than 5 percent.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not really needed! Mine, without any power savings on, with 6 emails accounts and FB and whatsapp on, 4G LTE/WiFi on 100% of time, barely loses 2-3% overnight.
5th June 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #14  
Rumbleweed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsebbs

Time for a clean wipe it's sounding like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Battery life went to hell suddenly. A little investigation shows WiFi never turns off and seems to scan for networks every 3-5 seconds. I have all the options under advanced in wifi unchecked. This has only happened in last few days.
5th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #15  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
5,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
There should be one more option in settings that allows to check for WiFi networks even when WiFi is turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #16  
Rumbleweed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

There should be one more option in settings that allows to check for WiFi networks even when WiFi is turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That is shut off as well. Even turned on then back off just to make sure. problem is all the crap that google updates/changes even though you have updates etc turned off.
6th June 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #17  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
5,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
I am clueless about your issue now. I'm attaching the normal drain I see over night. See the status bar for incoming messages/mails, n the number of times phone was awake while I was sleeping, n see the battery line. I lost like 2-3% overnight from like around 1.30 am until 8 am.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402057038086.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2783659  
Last edited by diablo009; 6th June 2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added "about your issue"
9th June 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #18  
Rumbleweed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

I am clueless about your issue now. I'm attaching the normal drain I see over night. See the status bar for incoming messages/mails, n the number of times phone was awake while I was sleeping, n see the battery line. I lost like 2-3% overnight from like around 1.30 am until 8 am.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Removed a few unwanted Google and Samsung apps and shutdown and restart, Now back to 3-4 days on stand by. Guess I will just have to do this periodically as updates turn stuff back on.
9th June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #19  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
5,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleweed

Removed a few unwanted Google and Samsung apps and shutdown and restart, Now back to 3-4 days on stand by. Guess I will just have to do this periodically as updates turn stuff back on.

I solved this by turning auto update off, in Samsung store too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank