Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with stock recovery

Tip us?

r1punjay
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help with stock recovery

I just reflashed the moto g stock recovery using moto tool so that I can flash the official 4.4.3(I was using TWRP before).But the thing is that when I reboot to stock recovery,there is this dead android logo but no options like wipe,apply update etc.Shouldn't these options be present in the stock recovery or did I do something wrong?I cannot tell if the recovery is working or not.

vhngu930
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1punjay View Post
I just reflashed the moto g stock recovery using moto tool so that I can flash the official 4.4.3(I was using TWRP before).But the thing is that when I reboot to stock recovery,there is this dead android logo but no options like wipe,apply update etc.Shouldn't these options be present in the stock recovery or did I do something wrong?I cannot tell if the recovery is working or not.
I don't think the stock recovery is supposed to have these options anyway... I think it does all the work when you apply an update in the settings... It automatically reboots to recovery and installs to make sure that users don't do it themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to vhngu930 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r1punjay
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhngu930 View Post
I don't think the stock recovery is supposed to have these options anyway... I think it does all the work when you apply an update in the settings... It automatically reboots to recovery and installs to make sure that users don't do it themselves.
Oh so that means the stock recovery is working fine!Thanks

tansly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1punjay View Post
It has wipe data/apply update options. When you see the dead android, you have to press the vol up button for 10-15 secs then tap the power button to get into the recovery.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk