Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rootable Chromecast flash dump

Tip us?

deeper-blue
Old
(Last edited by deeper-blue; 8th June 2014 at 02:03 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Default Rootable Chromecast flash dump

Does anybody has a dump of the whole NAND flash of a rootable chromecast? (ideally while still in the original factory state)

If not, could someone with a rooted chromecast dump the bootloader (partition)? (basically the first couple of blocks/megabytes)

Any help would be very welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to deeper-blue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r3pwn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,088
Default Rootable Chromecast flash dump

To help, if they manage to get adb over wifi working, run
Code:
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/dev/block/platform/*/*/by-name/bootloader' > ccbootloader.bin
. This command should, as root, write the bootloader to stdout, which we will take and write to a local file. (For the non-technical people, it makes a bootloader dump and puts it on your computer) please note that this requires your chromecast to be rooted and have adb working over wifi.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Need help?
Hit me up on Twitter or Google+ or, you know, just send me a PM.

My Reddit:
r3pwn-dev

Like what I do?
Feel free to donate to my PayPal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 845

DONATE TO ME
Definitely talk to @rekids - they've been working on this stuff.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'