Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock Note 3 lose Unlock after Sent back to Repair

Tip us?

loppv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Well after reading that I'm amazed. I believed region lock was based on where you lived and used the phone. Like a person in Europe couldn't use an at&t phone overseas until it was used in the states. I was unaware a person in the U.S. had to do the same if they were using it in the U.S. but with a different carrier. My apologies.

You wouldn't happen to know anyone on at&t would you? Maybe a Samsung rep in bestbuy can help you with borrowing an at&t sim and making a call or 2 on your phone.
I tried to use someone's ATT sim and it doesnt work
Also Samsung is telling me that "as you have unlocked the device from third party site , and this is not considered as official unlock for the device"

I might bring the phone to bestbuy and let them check it out.. since the phone is still under Warranty

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
There's defiantly something wrong if an at&t sim doesn't work. Are you the original owner? If not do you know the original purchaser? It could have been blacklisted.

loppv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
There's defiantly something wrong if an at&t sim doesn't work. Are you the original owner? If not do you know the original purchaser? It could have been blacklisted.
The phone is working Fine with an ATT sim card, it has signals
it is just that it is not working after I inserted my tmobile sim card
and entered in the unlock code... So the imei should be fine !

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
I believe you need approximately 5 to 15 minutes of use on an at&t sim card from my previous readings of other user experiences.

loppv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I believe you need approximately 5 to 15 minutes of use on an at&t sim card from my previous readings of other user experiences.
Will try that out.. I am running out of solutions !!