Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update Pac-Man Rom

Tip us?

red-facton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update Pac-Man Rom

Hey There,

I've installed Pac-Man Rom on my P6 (Android 4.2.2). There are actually some bugs with this Software, so i can't see video streams on Facebook (directly stops after click on play).

I've seen there is an Update from April but i'm not able to install it. TWRP installation aborted and via GooManager the same.

What can i do to get the newest version with maybe less bugs?

Thanks a lot! Greetings

Genij14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Can you tell us step-by-step what you did to update the rom?

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

red-facton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genij14 View Post
Can you tell us step-by-step what you did to update the rom?

Ive downloaded the new File manually to my Phone, rebooted to TWRP and installed it. There was an Error (I think it was something like "the signature is wrong"). So i rebooted the Phone and it stops at the Huawei Logo. No chance to repair it. I had to reinstall the older version of Pac-Man via Fastboot and (thank god) i've made a backup before installing the update, i was able to restore the phone.

Then i've tried to install the Update via GooManager. But this programm sends me to Recovery to, so i didn't try to install the new file once more.

Thats what i've tried till now. Because of the bugs in my installed Version i think it would be nice to use the new one.

Greetings and Thanks!

PulseDroid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2339
We don't have official Pac. See Surdu's thread in Original Development.

"What would be the purpose of fishing for thanks? Having one thank you as opposed to 10,000 makes no difference does it? It's just an ego thing I suppose. I don't and have never focused on someone's thank meter to judge their expertise and knowledge." - edfunkycold

Genij14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-facton View Post
Ive downloaded the new File manually to my Phone, rebooted to TWRP and installed it. There was an Error (I think it was something like "the signature is wrong"). So i rebooted the Phone and it stops at the Huawei Logo. No chance to repair it. I had to reinstall the older version of Pac-Man via Fastboot and (thank god) i've made a backup before installing the update, i was able to restore the phone.

Then i've tried to install the Update via GooManager. But this programm sends me to Recovery to, so i didn't try to install the new file once more.

Thats what i've tried till now. Because of the bugs in my installed Version i think it would be nice to use the new one.

Greetings and Thanks!
Did you try to re-download the rom and re-flash it via TWRP?

red-facton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes i did, the same happened. I've flashed the older version immediately so that i didn't have to reinstall and restore all once more

Genij14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The only explanation is that the zip is corrupted. Did it say the signature was wrong or signature verification failed?

red-facton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes it does. I redownloaded it and tried again with the same results... I think i will wait for the update to 4.4.2, hope it will be there in a few weeks... You're using it on P6 to?

Genij14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I used it while I was still on JB. No problems like yours. Maybe try a different SD card ( borrow from a friend :P).

red-facton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello again,

I've bought a New card. The Same problem. Now ive read that i need the twrp Version 6.2.3.3. But i cant install the update. I tried to install the new version via cwm, after the installation it says update completed. The next start of twrp there is the old Version 6.2.3.0 again.
Now i don't know what to do...
Is there anyone who has an idea?

Greetings!