Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

moto g lcd replacement

Tip us?

muazzamm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default moto g lcd replacement

Dear all,
I am from Pakistan and i have two moto g models, moto g xt1028 and motog xt1033. The lcd and in -call speaker and viberator of my xt1033 is not working. My question is that can i replace the above mentioned parts from moto g xt1028 to moto g xt1033?? In Pakistan moto g parts are not available so i want to ask you that is there any difference in hardware of both above mentioned models or they are same from inside except cdma and gsm??
thanks

Falcon G
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Yes you can for sure they don't have much difference

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Falcon G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muazzamm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon G View Post
Yes you can for sure they don't have much difference

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
I asked moto support team many time about that but they could not give me answer every time... and actually i want to change the lcd with xt1031 not with 1028 (I checked the model number later) but there might be some compatibility issues as whenever i googled it, i found lcd of 1032, 1033 are compatible but i never find that xt1028, 1031 are compatible with xt1033.. thats why i want to be sure...please share your experiences friends

Falcon G
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by muazzamm View Post
I asked moto support team many time about that but they could not give me answer every time... and actually i want to change the lcd with xt1031 not with 1028 (I checked the model number later) but there might be some compatibility issues as whenever i googled it, i found lcd of 1032, 1033 are compatible but i never find that xt1028, 1031 are compatible with xt1033.. thats why i want to be sure...please share your experiences friends
I don't know much about hardware but my friend who is an expert told me that the screen won't differ. You can try replacing the screen. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Falcon G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sprockkets
Old
Thanks Meter 22
The vibrator is part of the motherboard IIRC. So unless you want to remove just that part, and are confident in your removal and replacement skills of parts on the board, I'd just get another phone.

The LCD is also a bitch to replace if not completely cracked (ie touchscreen issues).

Just remember the xt1028 is for verizon and I doubt works outside the us for any network.