[Q]

OP Padulese

6th June 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Can anyone give me an easy way to Root an Acer 200 Iconia Tab. I keep hitting walls whenever I search and the one thing I haven't tried, SimpleTool, is MIA. Help?
6th June 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 44

162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padulese

Can anyone give me an easy way to Root an Acer 200 Iconia Tab. I keep hitting walls whenever I search and the one thing I haven't tried, SimpleTool, is MIA. Help?

Try Framaroot app....

Please Don't Forget to read the forum rules... you must add an appropriate title to the thread... [Q] is just an addition to make the thread type more clear.... Thanks...
6th June 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia

4 posts
whoops!
I tried Framaroot and I get an error message that says "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot" I don't know why. I've got usb debugging activated and there is nothing special about this tab. it's old lol Argh!
6th June 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag panaji
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Donate to Me
maybe you have to unlock the bootloader first!
6th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar333

maybe you have to unlock the bootloader first!

Well that would be the easy way huh? Ok, another stupid question, and I apologize as I am very very new to this...How do I unlock the bootloader? I did download an emulator on the tablet and tried to type in adb something and it didn't work. Again, I am sorry to be such an idiot when it comes to this stuff...but I find it fascinating and I am just trying to learn.
6th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Quote:

Well that would be the easy way huh? Ok, another stupid question, and I apologize as I am very very new to this...How do I unlock the bootloader? I did download an emulator on the tablet and tried to type in adb something and it didn't work. Again, I am sorry to be such an idiot when it comes to this stuff...but I find it fascinating and I am just trying to learn.

check this http://theunlockr.com/2013/06/15/how...onia-tab-a200/ it says it can unlock the bootloader.
6th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia

4 posts
Sadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

/theunlockr.com/2013/06/15/how-to-root-the-acer-iconia-tab-a200/[/url] it says it can unlock the bootloader.

This would be ideal but it uses SimpleTool and I cannot find that anywhere. When you click the link, it takes you to a page that is no longer active.

I can't root my S4 because it's on AT&T and from what I understand AT&T has locked the bootloader and no one has figured out how to unlock just yet but this little Acer tablet should be a cake walk but apparently I am not the pastry chef because I am stumped.
6th June 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #8  
Quote:

This would be ideal but it uses SimpleTool and I cannot find that anywhere. When you click the link, it takes you to a page that is no longer active.

I can't root my S4 because it's on AT&T and from what I understand AT&T has locked the bootloader and no one has figured out how to unlock just yet but this little Acer tablet should be a cake walk but apparently I am not the pastry chef because I am stumped.

I'm not sure where to find it then, sorry mate. Keep searching and I can try tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag panaji
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

nothing wrong you can ask ....bootloader is a kind of security put by the manufacturer and after unlocking this will wipe your data .... and its not necessary that every phone/tab has a locked bootloader ....for eg. most of the samsung phones have bootloader unlocked whereas htc phones you have to do that manually ...it differs from every manufacturer so im not preety sure that it has a locked bootloader ....... so u gotta try if root doesnt work maybe its locked bootloader[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by omkar333; 9th June 2014 at 05:40 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to omkar333 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread