Android Encrypton took 8 minutes to Encrypt?? Is this normal?

9th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

98 posts
Is there any way to look back on the device encryption settings like what type of options were set like for example Fast Encryption options,
When I encrypted my phone a while back ago, there was this option to select Fast Encryption instead of the full device encryption.

Well, the issue is, that when I encrypted my phone which is a SGS4 (GTi9505 - 4.4 KitKat), the whole encryption process took approx. 8 minutes to complete. But I am sure I did not select Fast Encryption.

I just want to look back at a log file of the options or something like that just to be sure if Fast Encryption was not selected.

I do not have much data on there to begin with, but 8 minutes to encrypt the entire phone esp. on the S4, is NOT normal.

Just want to see if there is a way check or look back on what options were selected during the encryption process.

For example, in Windows BitLocker, you can see whether the hard drive is fully encrypted and as well under TrueCrypt.
Is there anything like this on an Android device to check?

Taking less than 10 minutes to encrypt an S4 phone is strange. So I am not really convinced that the whole device is really encrypted.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by itsonlyme999; 9th June 2014 at 05:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread