Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 42,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backup EFS

Tip us?

pfigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So after searching a lot seems that the only option to backup my EFS it to root my Note 3.
Strange thing because on my previous GS3 donīt need root to back up EFS.
Different equipment’s, different things. Okay.

I donīt need root on my Note 3. I am pretty satisfied with my Note 3 performance.

Will you root your Note 3 just to be able to backup EFS?

Bad things can happened and even thinking in just flashing stock firmware I would be more serene having EFS files just in case anything goes wrong!

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
As I have said, it is due to Samsung's policy.

pfigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
As I have said, it is due to Samsung's policy.
Ok. I understand.
But tell me your opinion: if you donīt need root will you root Note 3 just to be able to backup EFS files?

vndnguyen
Old
(Last edited by vndnguyen; 9th June 2014 at 04:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfigo View Post
Ok. I understand.
But tell me your opinion: if you donīt need root will you root Note 3 just to be able to backup EFS files?
I don't think my opinion is useful for you Because I always root my Android phone right after 1 week after purchasing.

Ok let's say root and backup EFS folder. My opinion is if you don't have root access, there is no chance to disturb the EFS folder, so no need to root.

But if you root, you can do many powerful things with your phone, not only to backup EFS folder.

You better see this topic about Pros and cons of a rooted Note 3 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547606

pfigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I understand your point but my Note 3 is okay this way. I am not a heavy user so donīt need to flash custom firmware and have a custom kernel to improve my Note 3.
If I have 100% certain that flashing only stock firmware will never mess with EFS I will not consider root it but….