Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When are we getting a Dev Edition RUU!?

Tip us?

NextNexus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default When are we getting a Dev Edition RUU!?

Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.

metaphz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphz View Post
Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus View Post
Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.
There are a bunch of guides on this. All you have to do is flash the ota firmware, change mid/cid, and put developer nandroid and recovery on your phone. Obviously check/change mid/cid before flashing the firmware.zip.

NextNexus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
There are a bunch of guides on this. All you have to do is flash the ota firmware, change mid/cid, and put developer nandroid and recovery on your phone. Obviously check/change mid/cid before flashing the firmware.zip.
Can you direct me to a specific guide? Thanks.

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus View Post
Can you direct me to a specific guide? Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2739571&page=3
scroll down a little, look for the big post

metaphz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2739571&page=3
scroll down a little, look for the big post
That's just the OTA update. How is a 110MB update going to wipe GPE and repartition the Device, and install Sense.

Using Tapatalk

serialtoon
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Ive also gone back and forth with the GPE and SenseUI based setups. I would much rather have an RUU to re partition my device but the guide worked fairly well. I have never waitied this long for an RUU for an HTC device tho.
If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button

NextNexus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
Ive also gone back and forth with the GPE and SenseUI based setups. I would much rather have an RUU to re partition my device but the guide worked fairly well. I have never waitied this long for an RUU for an HTC device tho.
Right. Just seems a little strange that HTC hasn't released the official RUU yet.