[Q] Is it normal for LTE to intermittently switch between LTE and 4G?

7th June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Replacement time.

Alright, thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
7th June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #12  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 888

3,033 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toews

Alright, thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

See my edit. I asked if it happens everywhere or just in one location
7th June 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 39

1,236 posts
toews the question does not make sense, lte and 4g are one and the same, do you mean 3g?
8th June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285

toews the question does not make sense, lte and 4g are one and the same, do you mean 3g?

There are different version of 4g HSPA+ is known as 4G but it is different from 4G LTE. Have u tried editing the band priorities maybe their competing against each other.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #15  

1,236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

There are different version of 4g HSPA+ is known as 4G but it is different from 4G LTE. Have u tried editing the band priorities maybe their competing against each other.

Which carrier is doing that? how confusing.
Wiki:
HSPA+, or Evolved High-Speed Packet Access, is a technical standard for wireless, broadband telecommunication. HSPA+ enhances the widely used WCDMA (UMTS) based 3G networks with higher speeds for the end user that are comparable to the newer LTE networks. HSPA+ was first defined in the technical standard 3GPP release 7 and expanded further in later releases.
In the United States, it is commonly available under AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile US.
8th June 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #16  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 888

3,033 posts
More
Quote:

Wiki:
HSPA+, or Evolved High-Speed Packet Access, is a technical standard for wireless, broadband telecommunication. HSPA+ enhances the widely used WCDMA (UMTS) based 3G networks with higher speeds for the end user that are comparable to the newer LTE networks. HSPA+ was first defined in the technical standard 3GPP release 7 and expanded further in later releases.
In the United States, it is commonly available under AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile US.

Every carrier in north America.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,304 posts
Quote:

Wiki:

Lol pretty much every carrier that has HSPA+ markets it as 4g because of speed

8th June 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #18  

1,236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

Lol pretty much every carrier that has HSPA+ markets it as 4g because of speed

And just to clear things up for me, you will see 4g and lte icons in the taskbar and switch between the two respectively? Oh and I see no mention of 4G relating to HSPA+ but lte yes, so I still am unclear what the OP has asked.
Edit: nevermind it doesnt matter, very confusion lol. Sorry toews didnt mean to hijack your thread dude.
Last edited by homer285; 8th June 2014 at 08:02 AM.
9th June 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #19  
Flag Spanaway
Thanks Meter: 561

1,194 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can google your apn settings from google.
Example.
Att apn settings.
And you can go into settings more networks and create a new apn. Just make sure you enter it exaxctly as it reads.
Xda folks have alot if threads on different apns for achieving higher speeds. You create the new apn hit menu and then save toggle the new apn and reboot.. alot of times if your seeing fluctuation it can be due to a node on one if the local towers in your area.
But as stated it wouldnt hurt to upgrade your modem. Of course this does involve root and custom recovery such a twrp.. hope this helps.😊

Sent from my MARCUS! using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread