Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

watch face on while watch in standby?

Tip us?

cylent
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default watch face on while watch in standby?

i am not sure where to post this but i feel this subsection maybe correct as there is a lot of topics for aw-414, iconbit callisto and other watches.

well... i have the callisto 100 watch that i got from amazon.

I want to use my watch as a companion to the phone (note3) and i achieved that with swapp link.

now, part 2.

Is there no way to have the watch always on? in low power mode something like the sony smartwatch 2 does.

it makes no sense calling it a watch if i have to press the power button every time to see the time.

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylent View Post
i am not sure where to post this but i feel this subsection maybe correct as there is a lot of topics for aw-414, iconbit callisto and other watches.

well... i have the callisto 100 watch that i got from amazon.

I want to use my watch as a companion to the phone (note3) and i achieved that with swapp link.

now, part 2.

Is there no way to have the watch always on? in low power mode something like the sony smartwatch 2 does.

it makes no sense calling it a watch if i have to press the power button every time to see the time.
The Sony smartwatches use either transreflective or Oled you can't achieve what you want without using Oled screen... You can download clock view from the play store but even on stock lowest screen brightness will slaughter your battery...
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3270

DONATE TO ME
Screen always on = 6-8 hoursbattery life with no apps running or syncing
Screen always on w/ syncs = 3-4 hours