Reset Flash Counter

Search This thread

marchingknight11

Dec 29, 2011
Charlieb620 decided to be a douche and remove his post telling us how to reset the flash counter for the Blaze for petty reasons, so I pulled a cached version off Google for all who still need it. Here you go:

*I Take No Credit For This*

This is for people who flash constantly through Odin or even CWM. By flashing a lot the ticker on your DOWNLOAD/FASTBOOT SCREEN ticks up. To reset it for repair or warranty purposes just boot into CWM and flash this file.

Your Good To Go. :D

Link:
http://goo.gl/8Zzty -> no longer available
new link here: http://d-h.st/znC

OG Link/Credits:
http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-x-sgh-t989-sgh-t989d-reset-flash-counter-75657/

Instructions:

628c5691-a9b4-3051.jpg

Last edited:

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
I was using the stock recovery, I'm attempting to make the phone 100% stock again.

U gotta do it before u go back to stock recovery then when it's reset u Odin back to stock ull have to root again to flash it properly

- - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -If I've helped you the THANX button is - - - - - - - - - - - - - only 2 clicks away! - - - - - - - - - -

tweaksall

Aug 20, 2013
I was able to reset the counter, but how do you keep it at "NO" when returning to a stock ROM? After I flashed the stock, the counter is now at 2.

nicogetz

Sep 27, 2010
I was finally successful after using an "official" Samsung ROM from SamMobile, instead of the "stock" ROM SGH-T769-UVLB7-hitsquad.tar.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Can you explain to me please? I odined an official samsung firmware from sammobile, but my counter still says 5x...I just odined CWM and flashed this zip, but now I have CWM, so won'/t have I have to increase my counter by odining back to stock again? How did you resolve this?

woodzx67

Nov 23, 2010
Somewhere
Can you explain to me please? I odined an official samsung firmware from sammobile, but my counter still says 5x...I just odined CWM and flashed this zip, but now I have CWM, so won'/t have I have to increase my counter by odining back to stock again? How did you resolve this?

download the link in op to root of sd or phone then boot into recovery and flash the count resetter zip. it'll 0 out the counter.
hope that helped..

emanresu2

Sep 20, 2017
Does anyone have the ZIP file to reset the flash counter on the SGH-T769? I'm late to the party and all the links in the original thread are long gone. Or at least the name of the ZIP file so I can try to google for it?

The closest thing I've found so far was a "sgh-t989-flash_counter_reset.zip" (different phone), but I'm not sure if I can use it to flash the SGH-T769.

I know it's probably pointless to reset the flash counter for a phone this old, but it just want to keep it neat and clean (plus it bothers me).

Thanks!

AjvarXX

Jun 21, 2013
Does anyone have the ZIP file to reset the flash counter on the SGH-T769? I'm late to the party and all the links in the original thread are long gone. Or at least the name of the ZIP file so I can try to google for it?

The closest thing I've found so far was a "sgh-t989-flash_counter_reset.zip" (different phone), but I'm not sure if I can use it to flash the SGH-T769.

I know it's probably pointless to reset the flash counter for a phone this old, but it just want to keep it neat and clean (plus it bothers me).

Thanks!

have you tried triangle away apk? In case it say it needs to boot in special mode you should know that according to developer it is risky procedure and it might brick device (jtag to recover).

Top Liked Posts