Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Whatsapp

OP jonezy8873

9th June 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
jonezy8873's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tamworth
Thanks Meter: 5
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.
Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
9th June 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #2  
mdfzhi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,711
 
4,046 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
lastest official whatsapp from playstore works just fine. it just showed device not supported when u open it directly, but if u create a shortcut or widget of any whatsapp contact or group on homescreen then u can open and use it from there. or open it from fastlane history.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdfzhi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
jonezy8873's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tamworth
Thanks Meter: 5
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
I will give it a try. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Whatsapp not working ( Probable resolution)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfzhi

lastest official whatsapp from playstore works just fine. it just showed device not supported when u open it directly, but if u create a shortcut or widget of any whatsapp contact or group on homescreen then u can open and use it from there. or open it from fastlane history.

there seems to be some issue with build.prop for which the official updated whatsapp and fb app does not work.

I found that Baidu cloud rom beta 49, both whatsapp and fb works out of the box, no mod required.

however, stock rom and all other custom rom does not support the official apps.

the problem seems to be within the given part of build.prop file
HTML Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
.....
.....
# end build properties

If we replace this whole part with a build.probp of a rom which already supports ( Eg: Baidu Beta 49 build.prop) whatsapp and fb...it seems to be working.


Hit thanks if I helped you
Last edited by shantanu223; 17th June 2014 at 02:48 PM.
21st June 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Wink Problems with Whatsapp - Possible solutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy8873

Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.
Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Updated versions of Whatsapp show an error message when opened directly. But Whatsapp is still accessible in Nokia X range devices. You may use any of these possible solutions.
1. You may open Whatsapp by accessing fastlane history like mdfzhi directed. This will open the conversations directly.
2. Whatsapp+ works just fine if you follow the below steps.
-> Install Whatsapp
-> Open it through fastlane history and send some whatsapp messages to friends
-> And it is better if u make a message backup
-> Uninstall Whatsapp
-> Install Whatsapp+
3. Changing the build.prop file might fix the problem but it might lead to unwanted issues later. Inorder to change the build.prop you would have to root your phone, which voids warranty. If you are willing to take the risk, it is better advised that you install a custom rom rather than trying to just change the build.prop file.

Considering your problem, I would recommend using the 2nd method by installing whatsapp plus. This might solve your problem.
22nd June 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Thumbs up Solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy8873

Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.
Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app


Solution: u have to try the alternate
just download whatsapp plus 5.80 version from google.
its working.

1st of all u have to install whatsapp from 1mobile market or google store or whatever.............
confirm ur phone number, after u continue, it says "device not supported"

now uninstall whatsapp..... after that install the whatsapp plus 5.80 u just downloaded
verify ur phone number and all done
The Following User Says Thank You to ffroh_manishamb4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #7  
nicorottye's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 4
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffroh_manishamb4

Solution: u have to try the alternate
just download whatsapp plus 5.80 version from google.
its working.

1st of all u have to install whatsapp from 1mobile market or google store or whatever.............
confirm ur phone number, after u continue, it says "device not supported"

now uninstall whatsapp..... after that install the whatsapp plus 5.80 u just downloaded
verify ur phone number and all done

Nice info sir... Thanks
6th July 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
open contacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy8873

Hi folks,
I have try to install lots of versions of whatsapp for my wifes nokia xl but non work. I had one that worked but then it said it not supported any more and stoped working.
Which version works???
I have used whatsapp pluss and thats a no go too. I will download it by 4shared.
Please help.
Thanks.
Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Just open one of the contacts and click on whatsapp icon. You are good to go. Do it Every time.
13th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev27

-> Install Whatsapp+

Thank you. And where do I find that "Whatsapp+", sir? Not in the market, for sure. Not under that name, at least...
13th July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogoibi

Thank you. And where do I find that "Whatsapp+", sir? Not in the market, for sure. Not under that name, at least...

Here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7...PLUSv5.88D.apk

The Following User Says Thank You to dev27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes